Tevez and Aguero v RVP and Rooney

RVP gives them height upfront though last year in the game at the etihad when we dominated them every time it got out wide we could never cross it and just kept going back and goal kicks we don't really have any one to aim for except Toure but he's normally further back.

If Mancini keeps playing Tevez and Aguero like bacon keeps playing wooney and rvp they will tear teams apart.

Unfortunately we also have two strikers who want to play so every week we have !Mancini trying to shoe horn one of them into the team.

I think Mancini knows this and simply has to bin Dzeko or Balotelli if not both.

I think both teams have won last 11 games with respective pairing up front.

Rvp & rooney start every game no doubts.

Tevez gets rotated even when fully fit & i can see him playing more now because of derby but subbed off or moved to deeper area for dzeko orbalotelli to come on so it's not fair at the moment.

Both are great partnerships though i would prefer ours if they played same amount as van persie & rooney

RVP and Rooney only works when Rooney is playing well. Tevez and Aguero is the more consistent partnership imo

Better to watch - Aguero and Tevez
Goals wise - RVP and Rooney don't think you can argue that. Both of those are more clinical than Sergio and Carlos, bias aside I'd say RVP and Rooney are better overall purely based on the fact that they bring more goals to the table, and that's ultimately what counts.

Van Persie and Rooney are better, all accusations of bias aside sheer statistical evidence alone tells you that without doubt before you even get into the all round abilities of them i.e assists, set piece play, ability to play in other positions, technical astuteness, link up play etc, i genuinely dont think you can make a serious argument for Aguero and Tevez being a better strike partnership if your taking bias out of the equation completely which to be fair i understand is very difficult to do in this case, it would be interesting to do a poll on this taking out opinions of both City and United fans and asking the rest of the league as a whole who they think is the better or would fear facing more, it would probably give you a better idea and would certainly take any accusations of bias away.

Statistic wise though, Van Persie got 40 goals in all comps for Arsenal last season, that was easily better than anyone else, he got 30 in the league alone, again comfortably the best, Rooney then comes second with 36 in all comps and 27 in the league last season, neither Aguero nor Tevez have ever posted such numbers in the premier league as a partnership or otherwise, Van Persie and Rooney were the top 2 in the country last season and it looks like thats got every chance of continuing this time round to.

Not sure what this seasons stats are for the City pair but for Van Persie:

15 goals - 6 assists in all competitions

League stats:

12 goals 6 assists

Rooney:

8 goals 9 assists in total.

League stats

7 goals 9 assists

So as individuals RVP has contributed to 21 goals himself, Rooney 17, combined thats 23 goals/15 assists as a pair, 38 goals scored or created between the two.

Like i said earlier im not sure what the stats are for Aguero and Tevez so far this season im sure someone on here is privy to them but ill wager heavily they're not nearly as good.

Being a lesser partnership than Van Persie and Rooney is no slight on either Aguero or Tevez that point should be made very clear, they both very good players and clearly your best partnership, but a lesser partnership they are, they're just nowhere near as potent which to be fair is what some of you have already said before i get lynched for making that comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.