Tevez? be honest.......

C1TY4LIFE said:
danburge82 said:
Why do people call him Carlito/Carlitos? His name is Carlos Alberto!

I don't believe that he would have had an immediate 'fans favourite' status if he'd never played for United. But we loved Dickov for attitude and work rate, chasing everything. Sun Jihai also never gave less than 100% in any game, regardless of his quality, and was liked because of it. Tevez has this plus quality, unbelievable to watch, 25 goals as well.

I don't even think about him ever playing for them anymore!

I think its a variation of spelling of his name like Ashleigh Ashley, Ashlea

It means the same but spelt different

I think it's a diminutive...

Like adding 'ito' or 'ita' on the end of something in Spanish can sometimes change the meaning to 'little (x)' - senorita = little senora, chicarito (bleurrgh) = little pea etc etc...

sam221985 said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

Like adding 'ito' or 'ita' on the end of something in Spanish can sometimes change the meaning to 'little (x)' - senorita = little senora, chicarito (bleurrgh) = little pea etc etc...

ahhhhhh rite makes perfect sense to me I always thought it was just a different pronunciation I should really look these things up before carrying it on one day it will make me look stupider.

If anything, I would probably like him even more if he hadn't played for the scum. There's something about a player that has worn that shirt that makes just that much less loveable. I would have prefered him to come straight from West Ham.

He's a terrific talent, personally i'd prefer him not to play a lone striker role but that'll change when our injury problems clear up a little.

glen quagmire said:
If carlito had signed from west ham, never wearing a rag shirt. Would we still 'love' him as much?

No controversy intended, just an honest answer required.

I even liked his style when he was a rag. Respect all around.
My favourite footballer in the world. Style/attitude/work ethic/crazy as fuck.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:38 pm --<br /><br />
sam221985 said:
C1TY4LIFE said:

its a variation..
like ben, benjamin, benny, benjammin, benji...

City fans have always loved players with Tevez's attitude. We tend to over look their shortcomings if they pull their tripes out for us.
I just wish would he would be a bit more disciplined and stay up front a bit more. He would score a lot more goals as a result.

I think he feels he has something to prove to himself. He scored 29 goals last season, and doing that again is going to be very hard. I think he feels that he has to get over 20 goals this season and to do that he has to get off to a flying start. Two goals in the opening 4 games of a season is impressive but Carlos wants more than that. He does want the team to succeed, but his own personal demons are getting in the way. Tevez seems like the sort of guy that will do anythintg to reach a target, and maybe this is why he's not passing: the target is 30 goals or more this season. Maybe he thinks this because he knows that most title-winning sides have a 30+ goals-a-season striker in their team, and he might feel like he is that striker?

I can see Carlos getting 20+ goals this season, with Balotelli getting around 10. But I do hop Carlos finds his confidence again. When he's on top form, he can be the best in the world. Wasn't it something like 22 goals in 20 games at one point last season? He's world class on his day, and better than Torres, in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.