Tevez/City/ARIS betting scandal nonsense

The opening of the article

CARLOS TEVEZ and Manchester City have been inadvertently dragged into a sensational match-fixing scandal.

While there is absolutely no suggestion either the player or the club have done anything wrong

Re: Re: Tevez/City/ARIS betting scandal nonsense

MATCITY said:
The opening of the article

CARLOS TEVEZ and Manchester City have been inadvertently dragged into a sensational match-fixing scandal.

While there is absolutely no suggestion either the player or the club have done anything wrong

Some people love a conspiracy though

Bit of a non-story anyway. There cannot be any betting scam based on kick-off (unless it's the ref). The coin toss decides who kicks off, captains no longer have that option.

From the Laws of Association Football:

A coin is tossed and the team that wins the toss decides which goal it will
attack in the first half of the match.
The other team takes the kick-off to start the match.

Aris midfielder Kostas Mendrinos is heard suggesting he could ask his team-mate - former City player Nery Castillo - to persuade Tevez to let the Greek side kick off.

And City last night pointed out that Tevez and Castillo never played together as the Mexican winger's loan period in England ended a year before the Argentinian hitman left Manchester United for Eastlands.

epic-face-palm.jpg

Hi guys!
As a City fan living in Greece, i can assure you that no greek court is searching for evidence about City or Tevez trying to fix a match. Although the dialog the english newspaper refers to is real,City or Tevez is not involved in that.
There is a huge scandal in Greece the last 5-6 days with many people involved and being accused of money laundry and illegal betting and all that stuff. There are many people involved(over 100), including the president of the greek champions Olympiakos, who where fixing matches,blackmailing referees etc. and some teams of the greek superleague face relegation because of this.
A drop in this ocean of revelations, is a phone call of Aris' player Mendrinos to a friend of him in order to bet in Aris having the kick off. He was saying that he will tell Castillo to persuade Tevez(they never were to City together) to give Aris the kick-off.
As for the greek court, they are accusing Mendrinos of illegal betting(not only for this incident), his team Aris kicked him out and his football days propably are over . For the greek justice City or Tevez were not involved in these and if someone says the oposite is malicious.
PS. When i first read this phone conversation three days ago i found it hillarious. i wish i could translate it. Mendrinos is soooo stupid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.