Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

cibaman said:
As the article says, Chelsea still haven't received a penny from Mutu.

It does beg the question though as to what is Tevez's real value, how much would we effectively be writing off if we sacked him?

We know that his value has been significantly reduced by this saga. If Aguero is worth £35-38m then it would be difficult to see anyone paying more than £20m for Tevez with all of his baggage.

Then there's his contract to take into account. Hard to see any buyer being willing to pay him anything like what he's currently reported to be earning. If we do not sack him for gross misconduct, then wouldn't there need to be some sort of financial settlement?

Is his net worth to us any more than say £10m?
Even if we sell for a reduced fee (£20m), then we can still sue him for difference of his value (£40m) from the summer.

SWP's back said:
cibaman said:

It does beg the question though as to what is Tevez's real value, how much would we effectively be writing off if we sacked him?

We know that his value has been significantly reduced by this saga. If Aguero is worth £35-38m then it would be difficult to see anyone paying more than £20m for Tevez with all of his baggage.

Then there's his contract to take into account. Hard to see any buyer being willing to pay him anything like what he's currently reported to be earning. If we do not sack him for gross misconduct, then wouldn't there need to be some sort of financial settlement?

Even if we sell for a reduced fee (£20m), then we can still sue him for difference of his value (£40m) from the summer.

Perhaps, but I doubt that any club would want to sign him with that sort of litigation hanging over him and I'm not sure that he would sign for another club without there being an agreement between him, City and his new club regarding any outstanding claims. His advisors would surely insist that his new club protect him against any subsequent claims from City?

And its unlikely that a court would recognise the £40m as being his true value in the summer, since no club bought him for that price.

Ardwick AFC said:
He's not in Argentina, coz I just saw him in the bush....

i-m-a-celebrity-2011-fatima-whitbread-pic-itv-704219974.jpg
That's one bush I would not want to go in.

cibaman said:
SWP's back said:
cibaman said:

Perhaps, but I doubt that any club would want to sign him with that sort of litigation hanging over him and I'm not sure that he would sign for another club without there being an agreement between him, City and his new club regarding any outstanding claims. His advisors would surely insist that his new club protect him against any subsequent claims from City?

And its unlikely that a court would recognise the £40m as being his true value in the summer, since no club bought him for that price.

But we do have a written transfer offer of £40m confirming his value. The fact that it didn't take place makes no odds.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 am --<br /><br />Concerns he's not going to turn up to the meeting at Carrington according to SSN.

What a twat.

SWP's back said:
Concerns he's not going to turn up to the meeting at Carrington according to SSN.

What a twat.

No surprise really if he doesn't turn up, surely there would have been confirmation from Argentina that he boarded a flight.

Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

I'll be surprised if he turns up. All designed to force the issue and bring it to the close Carlos and his people want.

Thankfully, City seem to be doing everything by the book and taking no chances. Stand firm City. As said previously, still a long way to go but light beginning to form at the end of the tunnel.

SWP's back said:
cibaman said:
SWP's back said:

But we do have a written transfer offer of £40m confirming his value. The fact that it didn't take place makes no odds.

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 am --

Concerns he's not going to turn up to the meeting at Carrington according to SSN.

What a twat.

A good lawyer would be able to cast plenty of doubt on whether the Corinthians offer was genuine or just their President posturing to the club's fans. The fact that the deal didnt go through, for whatever reason, drastically reduces its relevance for establishing his market value.

I doubt he will ever be back.
And that's a rather pleasing thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.