Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

cibaman said:
SWP's back said:
cibaman said:
Perhaps, but I doubt that any club would want to sign him with that sort of litigation hanging over him and I'm not sure that he would sign for another club without there being an agreement between him, City and his new club regarding any outstanding claims. His advisors would surely insist that his new club protect him against any subsequent claims from City?

And its unlikely that a court would recognise the £40m as being his true value in the summer, since no club bought him for that price.

But we do have a written transfer offer of £40m confirming his value. The fact that it didn't take place makes no odds.

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 am --

Concerns he's not going to turn up to the meeting at Carrington according to SSN.

What a twat.

A good lawyer would be able to cast plenty of doubt on whether the Corinthians offer was genuine or just their President posturing to the club's fans. The fact that the deal didnt go through, for whatever reason, drastically reduces its relevance for establishing his market value.

And another good lawyer would be able to point to market value using transfers such as Torres, Villa, Carroll etc

Sent Paul some questions but he "only takes press enquiries"

The way things are going we can just keep him under contract, fine him £400k for every training session or meeting he can't be arsed turning up for and we won't even need a transfer to make some dough out of the deal.

cibaman said:
SWP's back said:
cibaman said:
Perhaps, but I doubt that any club would want to sign him with that sort of litigation hanging over him and I'm not sure that he would sign for another club without there being an agreement between him, City and his new club regarding any outstanding claims. His advisors would surely insist that his new club protect him against any subsequent claims from City?

And its unlikely that a court would recognise the £40m as being his true value in the summer, since no club bought him for that price.

But we do have a written transfer offer of £40m confirming his value. The fact that it didn't take place makes no odds.

-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 am --

Concerns he's not going to turn up to the meeting at Carrington according to SSN.

What a twat.

A good lawyer would be able to cast plenty of doubt on whether the Corinthians offer was genuine or just their President posturing to the club's fans. The fact that the deal didnt go through, for whatever reason, drastically reduces its relevance for establishing his market value.

Market value?
Bought for circa 40m.
Following season is premier league top scorer which must add at least 10m to his value.
Market value until he stopped playing and started pissing about £50m

The market value for Carlos is going to be whatever people are prepared to pay for him in January. The arbitrary figure of 50 million which we put on his head this summer based on the Torres/Carrol transfers was placed there simply because we didn't want to sell him. It was prohibitively high and City knew it.

As I said earlier - 20/25 million in January and we'll be lucky as fuck to have escaped with that and having him off the wage bill...

Time to move on from Carlos anyway... seems the only people left who care are the lawyers who will undoubtedly profit from the entire sorry episode...

BillyShears said:
The market value for Carlos is going to be whatever people are prepared to pay for him in January. The arbitrary figure of 50 million which we put on his head this summer based on the Torres/Carrol transfers was placed there simply because we didn't want to sell him. It was prohibitively high and City knew it.

As I said earlier - 20/25 million in January and we'll be lucky as fuck to have escaped with that and having him off the wage bill...

Time to move on from Carlos anyway... seems the only people left who care are the lawyers who will undoubtedly profit from the entire sorry episode...
Not sure you understand the concept of what is being debated here.

No one is saying we will get more than £20-25M in Januray for him. We are speculating on what his deemed market value was before he started playing up to engineer a move. As has been mentioned several times already, if he has wiped £15 to £20M off his own value through gross misconduct, then City may have a case to sue him for that loss of value.

BillyShears said:

And seeing that City reduced the transfer fee down to £30M,if he was going to Corinthians,then I agree with you,we may be lucky to even break even !

oakiecokie said:
BillyShears said:

And seeing that City reduced the transfer fee down to £30M,if he was going to Corinthians,then I agree with you,we may be lucky to even break even !

You mean £40m?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/16/corinthians-40m-bid-carlos-tevez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... rlos-tevez</a>

SWP's back said:
oakiecokie said:
BillyShears said:

You mean £40m?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/16/corinthians-40m-bid-carlos-tevez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... rlos-tevez</a>

Oooooooooooppppppppppssssssssssssss.

oakiecokie said:
SWP's back said:
oakiecokie said:

You mean £40m?

Oooooooooooppppppppppssssssssssssss.

The fact that we turned down a £35M offer and accepted (only to back out of one for £40m) suggests we can realistically show his "market worth" before his acts of insubordination, leaving him with liability for the loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.