Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

stonerblue said:
Market value?
Bought for circa 40m.
Following season is premier league top scorer which must add at least 10m to his value.
Market value until he stopped playing and started pissing about £50m

Do you work for a tabloid?

SWP's back said:
The fact that we turned down a £35M offer and accepted (only to back out of one for £40m) suggests we can realistically show his "market worth" before his acts of insubordination, leaving him with liability for the loss.

Do you really believe that if City were to get 20 million pounds for Carlos that they'd then pursue him for the difference between that and what they thought they could've got in the summer?

Highly unlikely. Far more likely that we'll just be glad to see the back of him...

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
The fact that we turned down a £35M offer and accepted (only to back out of one for £40m) suggests we can realistically show his "market worth" before his acts of insubordination, leaving him with liability for the loss.

Do you really believe that if City were to get 20 million pounds for Carlos that they'd then pursue him for the difference between that and what they thought they could've got in the summer?

Highly unlikely. Far more likely that we'll just be glad to see the back of him...

You think it more likey that the club would be happy to wave off £20m in lost asset if they had a legal case to pursue him for it (as the City briefed piece in todays Times suggests)?

I don't think any club will be prepared to buy him outright now.

He is soiled goods.

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:

You think it more likey that the club would be happy to wave off £20m in lost asset if they had a legal case to pursue him for it (as the City briefed piece in todays Times suggests)?

You mean the way we're going to wave off 10 million from Ade, 18 million for RSC, etc...

Yes, I do think we're going to wave it off.... City briefing the press is no more than a game of point scoring because he's behaved like such a twat.

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:

You mean the way we're going to wave off 10 million from Ade, 18 million for RSC, etc...

Yes, I do think we're going to wave it off.... City briefing the press is no more than a game of point scoring because he's behaved like such a twat.

There is a big difference between Ade/RSC and Tevez though isn't there? Their value decreased for different reasons, Tevez has driven his price down by deliberately breaching his contract so not only is there a huge matter of principal at stake but the club may well be in a position to not waive off the money which they almost certainly wouldn't be with the other two. Mind you I'm pretty sure if they thought they could sue Mark Hughes 18m for the RSC deal then they might try.

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:

I wouldn't put place too much stock in the previous Corinthians approach.

I'm not even so sure it represented an official offer. If had been, it would have been accepted.

There was plenty of talking, potentials, but some things didn't ring true, outside of a clear indication they wanted it done on the drip and were against the clock.

We have since withheld best part of £6m in 'loyalty payments', due to his public utterances that he wanted to quit (thanks Carlos).

It may be that this figure is offset against any fee we do eventually receive.

And added to subsequent fines between now and the window, no pay-off to move him on, £20m, albeit, doesn't sound great, to the club's owners, may be acceptable.

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:

I guess it would be bland if we all agreed on everything, all of the time.

Lancet Fluke said:
There is a big difference between Ade/RSC and Tevez though isn't there? Their value decreased for different reasons, Tevez has driven his price down by deliberately breaching his contract so not only is there a huge matter of principal at stake but the club may well be in a position to not waive off the money which they almost certainly wouldn't be with the other two. Mind you I'm pretty sure if they thought they could sue Mark Hughes 18m for the RSC deal then they might try.

I realize that they are different situations. I'm just pointing out that regardless of why, players values often decrease. The notion that City are going to sell him for 20 million (or whatever price in January) and then try suing him just seems hugely unbelievable. And to be honest, I imagine that there's enough sensible people behind the scenes at City who will just want rid of him and want to move on to better things as we have done.

Dragging him through the courts, to try and salvage money which we're unlikely to ever see, whilst racking up lawyer's costs, won't be worth it and I imagine the club already know this.

Although I do understand why it can be argued that they could if they so choose, sue him.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I realize that they are different situations. I'm just pointing out that regardless of why, players values often decrease. The notion that City are going to sell him for 20 million (or whatever price in January) and then try suing him just seems hugely unbelievable. And to be honest, I imagine that there's enough sensible people behind the scenes at City who will just want rid of him and want to move on to better things as we have done.

Dragging him through the courts, to try and salvage money which we're unlikely to ever see, whilst racking up lawyer's costs, won't be worth it and I imagine the club already know this.

Although I do understand why it can be argued that they could if they so choose, sue him.
There you go then, we're on the same page.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.