Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina

Re: Tevez defies City and flies out to Argentina!!

Scooby Blue said:
Much as we would all like to make Tevez pay for his actions...
...there is no way he will sign off on a transfer to another club without a cast-iron rock solid 100% guarantee that he will NOT be pursued for damages by City.

Any transfer deal will be a "full and final settlement" (which prevents further legal action from either side) as far as Tevez + City are concerned....and his advisors would be negligent if they allowed it to proceed on any other basis.
Fair comment. Just suppose however he does not return. We could say 'If you want to play these are the terms' and that would include no Full and Final. His choice, subject to City getting (perhaps) PFA and / or FIFA support would be that he cannot get registered at another club.

Seems unlikely, I agree because we'd be swapping £20M (say ) and getting the wages off the books against a prospect of getting Tevez's assets (whatever they are worth) and maybe not having to pay him for the remainder of his contract.

I just wonder if he stayed in Argentina until January what PFA and FIFA would make of it.

Someone will want him in January - most sacked players who can play find homes.

If he hasn't turned up for training as SSN are suggesting I think it's time FIFA step in.

Can't have players acting like he is and just blatantly disregarding reasonable requests.

Scooby Blue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Scooby Blue said:
Much as we would all like to make Tevez pay for his actions...
...there is no way he will sign off on a transfer to another club without a cast-iron rock solid 100% guarantee that he will NOT be pursued for damages by City.

Any transfer deal will be a "full and final settlement" (which prevents further legal action from either side) as far as Tevez + City are concerned....and his advisors would be negligent if they allowed it to proceed on any other basis.

That's all well and good however we have a 6/7 week gap between now and the window opening, what happens in this period is the interesting part as surely we must be due some form of official statement from City with regards a fine etc.

I agree that it is a tricky balancing act for City in terms of how to proceed now..

Ideally...I'm sure they would like to postpone a further disciplinary hearing until mid-January...with a view to focusing minds before then + trying to engineer a deal that suits all parties.
The implicit threat would be that if Tevez is not "reasonable" in his wage demands + effectively blocks any move...City could resort to the sort of action referred to earlier in the thread...i.e. sacking him for gross misconduct but retaining his registration.

I'm not sure how realistic it is though to keep the disciplinary process on the "back-burner"...and the risk is that further action now by City will only harden the position of both sides...and make it more difficult to conclude a satisfactory deal in January.

I wonder whether we could actually conclude a transfer now, as suggested for example with Inter in the article the other day, and then effectively place him on gardening leave between now and Jan 1st with an agreement that he receives no wages in the interim.

Rumour on twitter that tevez has sent a medical certificate explaining he is not in a condition to return. @silviomaverino broke it.

Rammy Blue said:
I wonder whether we could actually conclude a transfer now, as suggested for example with Inter in the article the other day, and then effectively place him on gardening leave between now and Jan 1st with an agreement that he receives no wages in the interim.

No reason (that I can think of) why we can't just send him to Inter now, conclude the transfer and have him get back to full fitness with them. Only thing for them is he wouldn't be eligible to play until January.

On twitter from @Ian_Ladyman_DM and others
unconfirmed report from argentina that tevez sent #mcfc medical certificate saying hes not in physical condition to return. unconfirmed.

i cant believe i was his biggest fan..

all i want to do now is shoot him

weejh said:
Rumour on twitter that tevez has sent a medical certificate explaining he is not in a condition to return. @silviomaverino broke it.

I said the other day he would play the stress card, what a ****.

Rammy Blue said:
weejh said:

I said the other day he would play the stress card, what a ****.

Funnily enough, some rumours says he's not 'physically' able to return. Nothing about mental state.
Much easier to check.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.