Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

avoidconfusion said:
I don't get why so many people would want Eto'o on top of Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli. How the fuck are we supposed to fit in all 4 of them, completely mental imho.

Well, the thing is, Mancini knows Dzeko offers a completely different role to tevez. For instance, our headered attempts prior to January were few and far between. Dzeko paired with balotelli/ balotelli and aguero could offer both the dynamics of that creative interplay in the final third as well as pure english direct play. The amazing thing is balotelli is just as excellent as a winger and so is aguero. So, theoritically, they could be deployed as wide forwards in support of Dzeko.

Dzeko doesn't thrive on creative interchange like tevez. The aim with this center-forward is to pretty much get the ball to him and he'll offer support for advancing runs or simply create goal opportunites himself (which he's excellent at).

Btw, does anyone apart from me think that the players in our team are going to MASSIVELY improve like they're youngsters? I'm talking about balo (bit obvious) Dzeko, Aguero (already world class, but still), Weiss and even Y. Toure(aerial play and advanced role e.g. with dzeko)?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Dobsy said:
The only player we should be interested in from Inter is Sneijder. Eto'o has made it clear he's not interested.

This is exactly right. Firstly its Sneijder we should be buying/swapping, and secondly, Eto'o said he didn't want to play for us when we made an approach before. That's end-of for me.

But, I'll add another to the mix - I think Tevez has a market value of 35m. I don't believe Eto'o' is more than 25m, given his age and sell-on value which would plummet after another two years. So we would lose quite alot of money too.

There are other strikers with less baggage and younger than Eto'o we could get for less cash and aggro and have as a reasonable investment.

It is hard to accept a player that has rejected a move to us in the past. You are right.

Griff93 said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
One thing for sure. If Tevez goes we absofookinlutely need another quality striker. Guidetti is nowhere near ready.

Balotelli, Dzeko, Aguero and Guidetti are fine.

You can't have 4 world class strikers and just expect them to be fine with not playing all the time. It's unrealistic.

And we get an injury - or two as happened last season . Guidetti against Madrid or Barca (very likely btw) in CL - sorry but we´d be fooked. Dzeko is not world class by any stretch. Come to think of it is Balo?

Griff93 said:
One thing for sure. If Tevez goes we absofookinlutely need another quality striker. Guidetti is nowhere near ready.

You can't have 4 world class strikers and just expect them to be fine with not playing all the time. It's unrealistic.

And we get an injury - or two as happened last season . Guidetti against Madrid or Barca (very likely btw) in CL - sorry but we´d be fooked. Dzeko is not world class by any stretch. Come to think of it is Balo?
When he has his head on the game I think yes he is world class and we cud go into big games like that with him. Think of the semi final against the rags!

Ireland_for_pm said:
Griff93 said:

When he has his head on the game I think yes he is world class and we cud go into big games like that with him. Think of the semi final against the rags!

Totally agree, but Eto would add something else in the Champs league.

NiceN Sleazy said:
Ireland_for_pm said:

Totally agree, but Eto would add something else in the Champs league.

You guys really will regret the day you said something like that!! :).

Firstly, how often do players Balo's age show such spatters of sheer class? How do they turn out? Did Eto'o show such class? Please remember that he's ALREADY very good. He's just not world class yet(top 5 say).

I can fully accept why the negative views of Dzeko are so plenty (I'm one of his biggest fans btw). However, one thing is for sure, we need a rough-housing target man. Too many times have I seen the potential for a decent amalgamation of Crouch and David villa (that's an exaggeration btw). Aerial play has completely exposed some of the best teams in Europe!!! Dzeko, at first, seemed to everyone like the perfect solution in the world at the time. I remember his debut at wolves was so exciting! He seemed to have no weaknesses (unlike the other center forwards in the league). You couldn't show him on any wrong-foot, he had skill out wide, he had a gorgeous long range shot, great control and ,imo, that day, he implied that he could get up to pace! I believe he will torture defenders soon enough. Just imagine how good he can be if he reaches expectations? The newcastle players could launch a DEEP direct ball to carroll and he'd always pose a threat. Just imagine Dzeko? I honestly think he'll be the most useful tool in europe because he's an evolving breed of footballers. He's That good. The already excellent Yaya Toure can only improve and I hope he's able to improve on his already excellent talents by complementing the direct play.

Tomorrow's Mail claims we want 40m cash and are not interested in a swap deal for any Inter player. However, Eto'o is keen to come here and met with his agent Zahavi to talk about a swap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.