Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

zangatangring said:
Dax777 said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Why is this still being discussed?

Bobby called Bullshit
THANK GOD!

Please Dax, tell me that means what I think it meas....
Well if it is true Bobby has claimed the story is bullshit, I am delighted. I don't really see the value of getting Eto. Love the guy, and think he has been the best striker in the world the last 10 years, but he is 30 now. Getting great players with diminishing talents (i.e. something Age does to you) isn't something we should be doing anymore. Let get guys at their peaks or guys who are about to peak. Besides, Eto coming will mean he expects to start. Who then goes to the bench?

As is, one of Dzeko, Balo or Aguero will probably start o the bench and come in later. And yes I know we have enough games for all to play. But those who think guys will not pay attention to who gets to start against United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Pool in the prem and Barcelona, Madrid and the Milans in CL. Those are the games everyone wants to play, but the reality is some will have to seat those games out. No one wants to be that guy. Not even if you still get 40 games a season. There are games, and there are GAMES. And everyone knows the difference.

Besides generally I don't want players who see City as a step down from where they are. Hence why Eto, Sneidjer and Nasri partly don't appeal to me. I want guys who were stars on a smaller team, all over Europe who want to step up and play in the big leagues with City.

Mata, Pastore, Aguero, Savic all fit that bill. So do Vertonghen and Lavezzi. Clichy works coz he wasn't a star at Arsenal. But the players who see it as a lateral or step down generally don't appeal to me. And yes, that Includes my boy Yaya Toure. It took him a minute to warm up to the idea.

So yeah! Thank God if true. Not going to

I'd welcome him in a few years as a substitute. His presence right now would make the team too top heavy. We can't just circulate 4 strikers through a system week to week. It throws off rythym.

I don't care for Nasri, Dax, some do (which is fine of course), and I think they would disagree with your estimation of Nasri as part of the class of "players who see City as a step down from where they are".

Nasri isn't running to get on the train as it is leaving the station, we are past that point...

morning-mail-m.jpg

...Samir Nasri as the mail bag suspended from a catcher arm

He'll still be banging them in half a decade from now at 35 like van Nistelrooy, Eto'o has years of quality left - but we cannot occupy four big name strikers who expect to play as much as possible (even with rotation it would be difficult) which is probably why the club have ruled out this deal.

Aguero + Balo + Dzeko + Guidetti should be enough because even if there are injuries Bob can switch to the one striker system he used a lot with two of Silva/Johnson/new winger/Nasri or alternative offering support. If Dzeko still struggles for goals and Balotelli keeps getting injured/suspended regularly then maybe we will be in a tough spot, possibly over-relying on Aguero (all assuming he settles well, which I think he will), but we have the money to panic buy in January if necessary. ;)

Re: Tevez For Eto...Straight Swap?

southern muppet said:
I think they're barking up the wrong tree. Surely it's Sneijder we want? Mancini mentioned a central midfielder and a wide player, no mention of a need for another striker.

Assuming this hasn't just been made up, could the media have been fed it as a distraction from Sneijder (I'll refrain from using the word 'smokescreen') ? What with our rivals having been strongly linked to him all summer and all.

yes, I think I would have preferred Sneijder as well, but then I'm not privvy to our great leader's masterplan

Some guy called "fbloke" posted this on another forum.

For those who are strange and follow me on Twitter - @therealfbloke - you perhaps noted that I tweeted Kun's number as 16 before the official details leaked.

You perhaps also remember back a couple of weeks when I passed on some gossip that City were interested in a 'direct striker' - I suppose that means a goal poacher.

Well I have been told that the number 9 is being kept back for another new signing due next week of all goes to plan.

So if Dzeko keeps 10 and Kun 16 who I wonder will be that 9?

Silva'sGold said:

For those who are strange and follow me on Twitter - @therealfbloke - you perhaps noted that I tweeted Kun's number as 16 before the official details leaked.

You perhaps also remember back a couple of weeks when I passed on some gossip that City were interested in a 'direct striker' - I suppose that means a goal poacher.

Well I have been told that the number 9 is being kept back for another new signing due next week of all goes to plan.

ROONEY? ;-)

waspish said:
Silva'sGold said:

ROONEY? ;-)

Fucking hope not, that twat

LoveCity said:
He'll still be banging them in half a decade from now at 35 like van Nistelrooy, Eto'o has years of quality left - but we cannot occupy four big name strikers who expect to play as much as possible (even with rotation it would be difficult) which is probably why the club have ruled out this deal.

Aguero + Balo + Dzeko + Guidetti should be enough because even if there are injuries Bob can switch to the one striker system he used a lot with two of Silva/Johnson/new winger/Nasri or alternative offering support. If Dzeko still struggles for goals and Balotelli keeps getting injured/suspended regularly then maybe we will be in a tough spot, possibly over-relying on Aguero (all assuming he settles well, which I think he will), but we have the money to panic buy in January if necessary. ;)

I think your being foolish if you think we are going to play with 2 up front. We will play the same system as last season regardless of injuries. No chance will Mancini go with 2 up top. He may use Balotelli from the left hand side or whatever, but there will still only be one striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.