Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

People need to get over these ideas that "4 top strikers will cause problems" and "we only play 1 up front in our system".

Firstly it won't be often that all 4 are fully fit in which case we don't have to rush players back from niggles.

Secondly although we play the 4-2-3-1 system it is not often that we would only have one of Eto'o, Aguero, Balo and Dzeko in a first choice side, if ever....

IMO it would be a distinct possibility that at most times we could have 3 of the 4 in the first choice 11....

......Aguero..........Silva...........Balo......
........................Eto'o.....................

etc etc.

In summary I think if we are to unload Carlos then Eto'o would compliment our attack perfectly, someone that would score for fun in the Prem and be an older head to bring through the 3 forwards who are all under 25 years old.

Yes please, Eto'o would do for me.

How different is Nasri at AM then a versatile striker playing that position? Not all that much when you think about it.

According to some italian "expert" journalist type, he thinks there will be some talking- Warning on TALKSHITE

1) Inter have the cash to buy Tevez outright but Chairman has a project which involves younger more committed player (thats how I interpreted it)
2) Mancini gave interview to Italian Press and seems to want to rule out World Class Players who are Eto o' age, could have had Ibrahimovitch last season thought about it and dismissed it.
3) Mancini wants to create a backbone or whole bloody skeleton of a team of 23 /24 year olds that will last well into the future.
4) Accepts complicated situation and no one knows what the outcome will be
5) Neil twat faced Ashton reckons Tevez will be Inter player next week!!!!!

Anyway make of it what you will.

Rammyblues said:
According to some italian "expert" journalist type, he thinks there will be some talking- Warning on TALKSHITE

1) Inter have the cash to buy Tevez outright but Chairman has a project which involves younger more committed player (thats how I interpreted it)
2) Mancini gave interview to Italian Press and seems to want to rule out World Class Players who are Eto o' age, could have had Ibrahimovitch last season thought about it and dismissed it.
3) Mancini wants to create a backbone or whole bloody skeleton of a team of 23 /24 year olds that will last well into the future.

Yes I agree that Mancini has a policy of buying younger, hungrier players who will be more easily integrated into the team shape and role within the team that Mancini wants. However, I see the Tevez situation as a 'special case' as the manager clearly wants rid and we will struggle to get his market value in cash because no-one has that type of money lying around, and even if they did would they risk it on someone who could turn around and announce his retirement in two years time? This means we may have to accept a lower offer than we would like in order to get him off the books, or look to be a bit creative with a player swap deal. Mancini has made it clear that when Tevez departs he wants a replacement striker, so why not kill two birds with one stone and swap him for a quality striker like Eto'o? Certainly makes sense to me.

Rammyblues said:

Well if Inter put up the readies 45 to 50m he's there's!

LongsightM13 said:
Wouldn't he be away for a month at ACON in January, along with Yaya and Kolo?

Not the end of the world though when they are away, it's only a few games they miss and if memory serves me correct they won't miss any Chumps games.

Also they get used more in Dec as you know they are away in Jan.

Swings and roundabouts.

hgblue said:
Rammyblues said:

Yes I agree that Mancini has a policy of buying younger, hungrier players who will be more easily integrated into the team shape and role within the team that Mancini wants. However, I see the Tevez situation as a 'special case' as the manager clearly wants rid and we will struggle to get his market value in cash because no-one has that type of money lying around, and even if they did would they risk it on someone who could turn around and announce his retirement in two years time? This means we may have to accept a lower offer than we would like in order to get him off the books, or look to be a bit creative with a player swap deal. Mancini has made it clear that when Tevez departs he wants a replacement striker, so why not kill two birds with one stone and swap him for a quality striker like Eto'o? Certainly makes sense to me.

good sense here.

last rumors here are on tevez >< maicon+ the balotelli residue money

The Italian media hacks should at least be creative and put a young player in the fake swap deal that suits Mancini's youth policy. A 31 year old right back on the decline doesn't quite fit the mold of a Mancini signing. Now 25m + Santon for Tevez would be a more creative rumour even if that was rubbish too.

Mancio said:
hgblue said:
Rammyblues said:

good sense here.

last rumors here are on tevez >< maicon+ the balotelli residue money

Hope not, we don't need Maicon. We have Micah and Zab and I don't want one of them to leave the club for the sake of 2 seasons of Maicon.

One of Eto'o or Sneijer, or for Cambiasso + Coutinho :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.