Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

According to the Independent, City denies this, there's apparently nothing there. Tevez for cash only, which would make even a Sneijder deal impossible.

hgblue said:
Rammyblues said:
According to some italian "expert" journalist type, he thinks there will be some talking- Warning on TALKSHITE

1) Inter have the cash to buy Tevez outright but Chairman has a project which involves younger more committed player (thats how I interpreted it)
2) Mancini gave interview to Italian Press and seems to want to rule out World Class Players who are Eto o' age, could have had Ibrahimovitch last season thought about it and dismissed it.
3) Mancini wants to create a backbone or whole bloody skeleton of a team of 23 /24 year olds that will last well into the future.
4) Accepts complicated situation and no one knows what the outcome will be
5) Neil twat faced Ashton reckons Tevez will be Inter player next week!!!!!

Anyway make of it what you will.

Yes I agree that Mancini has a policy of buying younger, hungrier players who will be more easily integrated into the team shape and role within the team that Mancini wants. However, I see the Tevez situation as a 'special case' as the manager clearly wants rid and we will struggle to get his market value in cash because no-one has that type of money lying around, and even if they did would they risk it on someone who could turn around and announce his retirement in two years time? This means we may have to accept a lower offer than we would like in order to get him off the books, or look to be a bit creative with a player swap deal. Mancini has made it clear that when Tevez departs he wants a replacement striker, so why not kill two birds with one stone and swap him for a quality striker like Eto'o? Certainly makes sense to me.
The 'special case' point is spot on.

An additional bird 'killed' with the stone is Mancini's desire for someone with much Champions League experience.

As to an earlier poster's argument about the desirability of 'continuity' in selection, I understand where you are coming from but I think that it is a luxury that you cannot afford with Champion's League involvement. Up until a couple of months ago, Ferguson had not selected the same starting 11 in two consecutive games for well over 100 matches.

Since no-one seems to have picked up on my earlier mention of it, I think that it is worth repeating that, last season, City ranked 20th in the Premier League in terms of goals scored in the last 15 minutes. United and Chelsea were joint 1st; Arsenal were 3rd. With Aguero + Balo + Dzeko + Eto'o, we could have a world-class striker as an available impact sub, certainly in all the key games. Also - to put it bluntly - we would have got rid of the player most likely to demand a transfer if he was taken off with 15 minutes left.

Reason said:
According to the Independent, City denies this, there's apparently nothing there. Tevez for cash only, which would make even a Sneijder deal impossible.

Yeah the Mail ran with the same story. The only quote is Mancini saying it's 'not true' that there is a swap for Eto'o actually in the works though, which doesn't really mean much.

Might not be happening but eto'o couldn't be any more friendly with our guys in the tunnel prior to this game! Think he wants the move even if City don't.

sorry if this has been posted, but did any body notice the conversation between Mario and Eto'o at half time, Mario appeard to ask Him if he is joining City by tugging at the city shirt, and Eto'o just smiles. its as they are walking off the pitch just after Mario's goal

tonytheblueboy said:
sorry if this has been posted, but did any body notice the conversation between Mario and Eto'o at half time, Mario appeard to ask Him if he is joining City by tugging at the city shirt, and Eto'o just smiles. its as they are walking off the pitch just after Mario's goal

Think he was wanting to swap shirts to be honest , but I like your optimism

Blue Elmo said:
tonytheblueboy said:

Think he was wanting to swap shirts to be honest , but I like your optimism
yes, think yr right there. i think mario was asking for eto's shirt (or maybe eto'o was asking for mario's :-) )

On this pre seasons showing i am more than happy with what we have....no point adding Eto'o to the team when he is 29 and will only limit the chances Guidetti, Balotelli, Suarez, Roman etc will get as the pecking order will be Aguero, Eto'o, Dzeko, Balotelli.....

CTID101 said:
On this pre seasons showing i am more than happy with what we have....no point adding Eto'o to the team when he is 29 and will only limit the chances Guidetti, Balotelli, Suarez, Roman etc will get as the pecking order will be Aguero, Eto'o, Dzeko, Balotelli.....
I have to agree. I wasn't too impressed with either Wes or Eto'o today. I understand that it was a friendly, but our boys played really well together. Look forward also to Harry Bunn coming through the ranks in the next few years too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.