Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

On the Tevez-Eto'o matter, yesterday's Corriere dello Sport reported:

“Right now the Eto’o-Tevez exchange is improbable,” City manager Roberto Mancini is quoted as saying.

“Tevez is still a City player and he’ll arrive in Manchester over the next few days.”

The Argentine has a longer summer vacation than his teammates due to the Copa America.

Inter are still interested in signing Tevez, but are apparently not prepared to release Eto’o as part of the deal.

This meeting in Dublin will enable the two clubs to discuss these matters and ask Eto’o what his position is on potentially leaving the Nerazzurri.
http://www.football-italia.net/jul31g.html

I would interpret "improbable" as "possibly, we'll see".

For what it is worth, my first choice would be £45+million for Tevez. As to my second / third choice, I would have a hard time deciding between swaps for Eto'o or for Sneijder, with much depending on how much they want to come to City and on other realistic options (e.g. is Nasri really available). A swap for Maicon would certainly be my last choice.

@SkyGraemeBailey
Graeme Bailey
Reports in Italy claiming Inter could offer Maicon as part of deal a for Carlos Tevez, cant see that been attractive to Man City though.
42 seconds ago via web
Favorite Retweet Reply

no thanks

The last 8 words tell you all you need to know. He is not a player in a position we need to strengthen.

avoidconfusion said:
Don't need Maicon. The only acceptable swap for me would involve Sneijder.

I'd be more inclined to go all out for Eto'o based on recent developments. Nasri would be easier to complete given WS' desire to go to the rags instead.

C_T_I_D said:
avoidconfusion said:

I'd be more inclined to go all out for Eto'o based on recent developments. Nasri would be easier to complete given WS' desire to go to the rags instead.

Eto'o is worth no more than 15-20m considering he is 30 and his strength is his pace. Disaster if we sell Tevez for that amount.

Somud said:
C_T_I_D said:
avoidconfusion said:

Eto'o is worth no more than 15-20m considering he is 30 and his strength is his pace. Disaster if we sell Tevez for that amount.

This. Besides we don't need another striker.

avoidconfusion said:
Somud said:
C_T_I_D said:

This. Besides we don't need another striker.

I think we do. Last night it got to me, how fragile our attack is. OIn the pitch we had Balotelli and Dzeko, and on the bench.... Guidetti. Yes I know we have Aguero as well, but what if just one of those three gets an injury? We'd constantly have to play our two best strikers which wouldn't be ideal.

We need another one, another great one. Why can't Real just let us have Higuain in exchange for Ade?

Still hoping it'l be sneijder. With nasri to come inaswell, I rec with them two, and a continuance of the 4 2 3 1 formation, we'd be champions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.