Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Not happy about this one, I just want to sell tevez for £50 - £60m and not buy a striker to be honest, we have enough. Tevez will still play well if we don't find a buyer just yet, he doesn't have it in him to give less than 100%. I also don't want us buying any more players over 27.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 am --<br /><br />Also as a gauge of how shit the italian league is, Spurs beat the best they have to offer comfortably.

kennycar said:
TCIB said:
Bloody hell not in the top 30 ? thats a bit strong mate, id say he is still in the top 10 strikers going atm.
Ok, agreed, I went a bit too far, but we are still getting taken for a ride if it is a straight swap. I don't think he'd score in the premier league. He'd be like Shevchenko (sp?). Italian league these days is worse than ever.

-- Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 pm --

LoveCity said:
Tevez is 27, not 25.

And Eto'o not in the top 30 strikers in the world? How does one respond to that really. He put three goals past Spurs last season in the Mickey Mouse Champions League, where he has always performed well. He also scored for fun in Spain but I suppose that too is a Mickey Mouse League, the typical English mindset of if its not us, it ain't good.

And I doubt anyone would consider this swap if Tevez wasn't DEAD SET on leaving the club. But he is and we may have to compromise if we can't get cash - and if Mancini wants Eto'o, then you can only trust the manager.
Spanish league is not a Micky Mouse league, Seria A now only has 3 entrants into the champions league because they have dropped below Germany in ranking, and they are set to drop further, perhaps even below Holland and France.

-- Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 pm --

Anyway, I'm getting away from the point, Tevez is the most reliable goal scorer in the world, Berbatov may have equalled his tally, but 5 of those came against Blackburn, Tevez wins games on his own, and he doesn't have off days. We should get our money's worth. Eto'o is a decent striker, but Tevez is a born winner.

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 am --

Plus, if we can't get cash now, wait until January, clubs go crazy then, £35m for Carroll, £24m for Bent, £50m for Torres, we'd get £60m easy
No team gonna give us an easy 60m in the Jan window !!!

kennycar said:
Not happy about this one, I just want to sell tevez for £50 - £60m and not buy a striker to be honest, we have enough. Tevez will still play well if we don't find a buyer just yet, he doesn't have it in him to give less than 100%. I also don't want us buying any more players over 27.

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 am --

Also as a gauge of how shit the italian league is, Spurs beat the best they have to offer comfortably.

Why not just ask for £100m about as likely to get that as 50-60.

Two he has played well in Spain and Italy. So dont give me shit league crap.

kennycar said:
Not happy about this one, I just want to sell tevez for £50 - £60m and not buy a striker to be honest, we have enough. Tevez will still play well if we don't find a buyer just yet, he doesn't have it in him to give less than 100%. I also don't want us buying any more players over 27.

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 am --

Also as a gauge of how shit the italian league is, Spurs beat the best they have to offer comfortably.

This is clearly an exaggeration!

I'd rather keep a disgruntled Tevez for now and sell him in January if no proper offer comes in. He's probably the biggest asset in the club, City need to be properly compensated for him and not take 'the best offer available' because there are so few.

Even a Tevez that wants out imo will play his socks off until January if he is assured City will try and move him then.

Aguero - Tevez anyone?

HellasLEAF said:
I'd rather keep a disgruntled Tevez for now and sell him in January if no proper offer comes in. He's probably the biggest asset in the club, City need to be properly compensated for him and not take 'the best offer available' because there are so few.

Even a Tevez that wants out imo will play his socks off until January if he is assured City will try and move him then.

Aguero - Tevez anyone?

Why is this always stated as given fact? I am sure he still will, but its not given. He has asked for a transfer since last summer so this would be third window to shut with no movement, maybe he gets disgruntled. It could happen, just saying its possible.

okstate99 said:
HellasLEAF said:

Aguero - Tevez anyone?

Why is this always stated as given fact? I am sure he still will, but its not given. He has asked for a transfer since last summer so this would be third window to shut with no movement, maybe he gets disgruntled. It could happen, just saying its possible.

anything is possible. just saying, let's wait for the right deal. let's not just take the best one on the table just to suit Carlos and be rid of him. Assets like him don't come along to a club often. Have to take advantage of his departure.

If Mancini wants to play Nasri or a Cerci out wide, what's the difference between playing an Eto'o there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.