Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Johnny_on said:
Bluwhit said:
I can't believe some fans do not want to swap a want away player with Samuel Eto'o.
Forget he's 30 because he is as fit and quick as a 25 year old. Has much needed CL experience and would relish the challenge for his career ends.

I say.... Yes please!!

How about we don't forget he's 30 and our player is 25.

It makes a massive difference to their values.

Straight swap and in 4 years time they still get 30 million for Carlos and we get nothing for Eto.

For me the minimum deal here is Eto plus £10 million gets you Carlos.

Couldn't say it better myself.

TCIB said:
Im getting more and more agreable with this ETO thing, purely because i don't see Balotelli pulling his fucking thumb out any time soon.

I think Eto'o could change that just by some of his old quotes on Balotelli, and also if you watch the tunnel cam on the OS you can see that Balotelli has alot of respect for Samuel.

Johnny_on said:
Bluwhit said:
I can't believe some fans do not want to swap a want away player with Samuel Eto'o.
Forget he's 30 because he is as fit and quick as a 25 year old. Has much needed CL experience and would relish the challenge for his career ends.

I say.... Yes please!!

Straight swap and in 4 years time they still get 30 million for Carlos and we get nothing for Eto.

1. Tevez wont stay there more than 2 years, Inter Milan will probably know that.

2. It looks like we owe Inter some money for the Balotelli deal, so we could just call it even. (Depending on what that amount is)

I really hope this happens either way, money or just a straight swap.

TCIB said:
Johnny_on said:
Bluwhit said:

I say.... Yes please!!

Couldn't say it better myself.
Eto is the deal I want, don't get me wrong but a straight swap is like throwing 20 million away, especialy when we know Corinthians will pay 40 in Jan.

Eto is worth 20 million because he's 30 and has no sell on value whatsoever.

Carlos is not a better player but his sell on value is 20-30 million.

I will view this as ridiculous as the Ibra-Eto deal if we straight swap.

So a straight swap using a 25 year old who scored 43 goals in his last two seasons in the English league for a 30 year old who scored 33 goals in his last two seasons in the Italian League, which is a fucking Micky Mouse League might I add, just no! The grass is always greener with you lot. We have the third or fourth best striker in the world who's 25 and you want to swap him for a 30 year old who's not in the top 30, at least let's get some decent money for him.

Tevez is 27, not 25.

And Eto'o not in the top 30 strikers in the world? How does one respond to that really. He put three goals past Spurs last season in the Mickey Mouse Champions League, where he has always performed well. He also scored for fun in Spain but I suppose that too is a Mickey Mouse League, the typical English mindset of if its not us, it ain't good.

And I doubt anyone would consider this swap if Tevez wasn't DEAD SET on leaving the club. But he is and we may have to compromise if we can't get cash - and if Mancini wants Eto'o, then you can only trust the manager.

Carlos Tevez is currently worth fuck all because no club has put in a concrete offer for him. (I'm discounting the Corinthians bid because frankly I don't believe they'll ever come up with £40m for him). It's no good saying we should hold out for this or that amount if nobody is interested at that price and keeping him is not an option for me simply because it'll be like groundhog day halfway through the season if his family are not around.

TCIB said:
Bloody hell not in the top 30 ? thats a bit strong mate, id say he is still in the top 10 strikers going atm.
Ok, agreed, I went a bit too far, but we are still getting taken for a ride if it is a straight swap. I don't think he'd score in the premier league. He'd be like Shevchenko (sp?). Italian league these days is worse than ever.

-- Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 pm --

LoveCity said:
Tevez is 27, not 25.

And Eto'o not in the top 30 strikers in the world? How does one respond to that really. He put three goals past Spurs last season in the Mickey Mouse Champions League, where he has always performed well. He also scored for fun in Spain but I suppose that too is a Mickey Mouse League, the typical English mindset of if its not us, it ain't good.

And I doubt anyone would consider this swap if Tevez wasn't DEAD SET on leaving the club. But he is and we may have to compromise if we can't get cash - and if Mancini wants Eto'o, then you can only trust the manager.
Spanish league is not a Micky Mouse league, Seria A now only has 3 entrants into the champions league because they have dropped below Germany in ranking, and they are set to drop further, perhaps even below Holland and France.

-- Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 pm --

Anyway, I'm getting away from the point, Tevez is the most reliable goal scorer in the world, Berbatov may have equalled his tally, but 5 of those came against Blackburn, Tevez wins games on his own, and he doesn't have off days. We should get our money's worth. Eto'o is a decent striker, but Tevez is a born winner.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05 am --<br /><br />Plus, if we can't get cash now, wait until January, clubs go crazy then, £35m for Carroll, £24m for Bent, £50m for Torres, we'd get £60m easy

Tevez doesnt want to be here. There is no gaurantee he will score so many goals next year. He wants to move to live with his family (and agent!). We know he spits his dummy out at the slightest thing to upset him. His trouble making nature and restlessness diminishes his value. Let him go.
Eto'o is a class act. IMO I would like a swap. However it would be a rare thing to have 2 players considered exactly equal in terms of value.
Tevez has talked about retiring in 2/3 years time anyway so his career could in theory be shorter than Eto's?

I agree with that Kennycar, he will be a risk, and im not fond of risks now, not after bloody tevez saga.
I also agree with the stats shown on Tevez vs Eto, but as LoveCity says, Tevez wants out and we don't have to many with the resources to deal with us.

I'm still not convinced about getting Eto swap or not but we are big boys now and we will get many more of these big boys problems.

I would rather this dilemma than that suffered atm by Birmingham, poor fuckers.

tl;dr i dont have a fucking clue xD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.