Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

This thread highlights yet again the ignorance of many Tevez fans about his status in world football. He is currently 44th in the Castrol World Rankings. Having scored the same number of goals for Argentina as Aguero in twice the number of matches, he is at best the 3rd ranking of the Argentine strikers. He scored just 7 goals in 26 appearances for West Ham. Scoring 19 goals in 63 appearances for United, he was Ferguson's 3rd choice striker. From August 2009 to the end of November 2009, he scored just 2 premier league goals for City (both at home against West Ham).

From December 2009 to his transfer request in December 2010, he was, indeed, highly prolific. But it has to be noted that City's offensive strategy over that period was focused almost entirely on creating opportunities for him to score. He also did little to disguise his hostility towards the manager responsible for his most productive period ever.

Following the withdrawal of his transfer request, his goal contribution was nothing remarkable, though the desire to win the Golden Boot did bring out a special performance in the last match of the season. At the end of the day, he shared the Golden Boot with Berbatov, who did not take penalties and who would be ranked by most observers as United's 3rd best striker.

Way back in November 2009, Tevez talked to the Argentine media about retiring after the World Cup - yes, last summer. No doubt much to the consternation of Joorabchian, he has continued to talk about early retirement even with a transfer request on the table (this incidentally disproves the convenient fiction created by Tevez fans that Joorabchian is responsible for any and all of his aberrations).

The repeated assertion that, even if he is forced to stay at City, he will always give 100% is at best a half truth: he will give a 100% for himself. Conclusive proof that he sees other strikers as rivals was provided by the disgraceful way he froze out Edin Dzeko last season: he passed just half a dozen times in total to Edin in the Premier League games against Wolves, Birmingham, Manchester United, West Brom, Fulham and Liverpool (source: Guardian Chalkboard). (I know I have pointed this out a few times! But no Tevez fan has ever addressed it.)

Tevez is worth what other teams would pay for him. The idea that top clubs would be competing fiercely for Tevez this summer was always a delusion. But what is astonishing is that the penny has still not dropped with some Tevez fans. They are so blinkered that they want only that he stay, even though he himself is desperate to leave and even though his staying could seriously impact on the team spirit that has been evident since Vincent Kompany took over as captain.

In contrast, Samuel Eto'o has always been and still is a class act! Edin, Kun and Mario would all benefit from the experience of playing with him for two or three seasons. The whole squad would benefit from his experience at the highest levels.

He is a player and the thing I care about is what can get us the best 11. As an asset he us depreciating and if we hang around for 60m or even 50m I can tell you now he will be leaving on a free in June 2014.

So who would be better for our team next year an unhappy tevez or eto? That's all that matters having the right team could mean the difference between 1 St and 3rd which could be a lot more money to city than hanging around for a better tevez deal. FFS we are a football club not a stockbroking agent!

So if eto will fit our team better and do a better job on the pitch it is a no brainer

Johnny_on said:
Bluwhit said:
I can't believe some fans do not want to swap a want away player with Samuel Eto'o.
Forget he's 30 because he is as fit and quick as a 25 year old. Has much needed CL experience and would relish the challenge for his career ends.

I say.... Yes please!!

How about we don't forget he's 30 and our player is 25.

It makes a massive difference to their values.

Straight swap and in 4 years time they still get 30 million for Carlos and we get nothing for Eto.

For me the minimum deal here is Eto plus £10 million gets you Carlos.

Carlos isn't 25 is he though?

Tevez for all we know will have no resale value in 4 years because he may as already suggested have quit football.

The Etihad deal let's us make this one deal.

Straight swap and Inter write off the outstanding payment on Balotelli.

Balotelli - Aguero - Dezko - Eto'o

Those players win titles for me. Anyway I'm off to put my £10 each way on Dzeko for PL top goal scorer at 33/1!!

sbm said:
This thread highlights yet again the ignorance of many Tevez fans about his status in world football. He is currently 44th in the Castrol World Rankings. Having scored the same number of goals for Argentina as Aguero in twice the number of matches, he is at best the 3rd ranking of the Argentine strikers. He scored just 7 goals in 26 appearances for West Ham. Scoring 19 goals in 63 appearances for United, he was Ferguson's 3rd choice striker. From August 2009 to the end of November 2009, he scored just 2 premier league goals for City (both at home against West Ham).

From December 2009 to his transfer request in December 2010, he was, indeed, highly prolific. But it has to be noted that City's offensive strategy over that period was focused almost entirely on creating opportunities for him to score. He also did little to disguise his hostility towards the manager responsible for his most productive period ever.

Following the withdrawal of his transfer request, his goal contribution was nothing remarkable, though the desire to win the Golden Boot did bring out a special performance in the last match of the season. At the end of the day, he shared the Golden Boot with Berbatov, who did not take penalties and who would be ranked by most observers as United's 3rd best striker.

Way back in November 2009, Tevez talked to the Argentine media about retiring after the World Cup - yes, last summer. No doubt much to the consternation of Joorabchian, he has continued to talk about early retirement even with a transfer request on the table (this incidentally disproves the convenient fiction created by Tevez fans that Joorabchian is responsible for any and all of his aberrations).

The repeated assertion that, even if he is forced to stay at City, he will always give 100% is at best a half truth: he will give a 100% for himself. Conclusive proof that he sees other strikers as rivals was provided by the disgraceful way he froze out Edin Dzeko last season: he passed just half a dozen times in total to Edin in the Premier League games against Wolves, Birmingham, Manchester United, West Brom, Fulham and Liverpool (source: Guardian Chalkboard). (I know I have pointed this out a few times! But no Tevez fan has ever addressed it.)

Tevez is worth what other teams would pay for him. The idea that top clubs would be competing fiercely for Tevez this summer was always a delusion. But what is astonishing is that the penny has still not dropped with some Tevez fans. They are so blinkered that they want only that he stay, even though he himself is desperate to leave and even though his staying could seriously impact on the team spirit that has been evident since Vincent Kompany took over as captain.

In contrast, Samuel Eto'o has always been and still is a class act! Edin, Kun and Mario would all benefit from the experience of playing with him for two or three seasons. The whole squad would benefit from his experience at the highest levels.

That's a great post to be fair, and I'm a Tevez fan... Although not rabid, and I certainly feel a swap for Eto'o would be us trading up...

kennycar said:
Not happy about this one, I just want to sell tevez for £50 - £60m and not buy a striker to be honest, we have enough. Tevez will still play well if we don't find a buyer just yet, he doesn't have it in him to give less than 100%. I also don't want us buying any more players over 27.

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 am --

Also as a gauge of how shit the italian league is, Spurs beat the best they have to offer comfortably.

60m ??!! You're having a laugh pal.
Reality check required here! NO ONE can or will pay us 50m-60m for Carlos Tevez. He simply isnt worth that for a start (he cant even get a regular spot in his national side), and then you have to factor in his ludicrous wages. If we get 40m we will be lucky and should bite the potential buyers hand off.

Another factor is that he's a depreciating asset. 27yrs old is peak age, but its downhill in terms of value from now on. So anyone buying and giving him a 5 year contract, know that when he's turned 30yrs he'll be worth 15m tops.

Let's keep the discussion realistic please..........

Re: Re: Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

sbm said:

I couldn't put it better. You just have to see how we played at the back end of last season and this pre season that we no longer rely on Tevez and there is a fluidity to our play without him that we can build on.

How many of Tevez' goals were penalties?

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 am --

warhawkmoski said:
jjeangi said:
If Mancini wants to play Nasri or a Cerci out wide, what's the difference between playing an Eto'o there?

Very good question
Yep. Interesting to see how Pro Nasri, Anti-Eto'o posters respond.

Bluwhit said:
Johnny_on said:
Bluwhit said:
I can't believe some fans do not want to swap a want away player with Samuel Eto'o.
Forget he's 30 because he is as fit and quick as a 25 year old. Has much needed CL experience and would relish the challenge for his career ends.

I say.... Yes please!!

How about we don't forget he's 30 and our player is 25.

It makes a massive difference to their values.

Straight swap and in 4 years time they still get 30 million for Carlos and we get nothing for Eto.

For me the minimum deal here is Eto plus £10 million gets you Carlos.

Carlos isn't 25 is he though?

Tevez for all we know will have no resale value in 4 years because he may as already suggested have quit football.

The Etihad deal let's us make this one deal.

Straight swap and Inter write off the outstanding payment on Balotelli.

Balotelli - Aguero - Dezko - Eto'o

Those players win titles for me. Anyway I'm off to put my £10 each way on Dzeko for PL top goal scorer at 33/1!!

good post and thanks for the heads up on edin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.