Tevez For Eto'o...Straight Swap?

Re: Tevez For Eto...Straight Swap?

We have aguero now to do the tevez job.
Tevez wants out.
Eto'o is world class and is fit despite being 30, we would still get at least a good 3-4 years out of him.
He is guaranteed goals.
Champs league experience.
Raise our profile in Africa.
I think we would win the league with him and aguero.

Also we could incorporate aguero, balo, and eto'o in the same team easily. and then rotate dzeko .

-----------Eto'o-------------

Balo------Aguero------Silva

-----De Jong---Yaya-------

Silva and aguero swap/interchange positions?

Happy days

stavros said:
Tevez wants out.
Eto'o is world class and is fit despite being 30, we would still get at least a good 3-4 years out of him.
He is guaranteed goals.

Also we could incorporate aguero, balo, and eto'o in the same team easily. and then rotate dzeko .

Happy days
i have to admit rather than aguero be the main striker could he not be the link man?? then as you say eto`o or dzeko by the top man with silva,aguero and yaya pulling the strings with nige just sitting in front of the back four?

we need younger players now. wesley is 27 but made of glass, doesnt play more than 25 games a season. i would want cash for tevez so we can get in mata and nasri

richards30 said:
stavros said:
Tevez wants out.
He is guaranteed goals.

Happy days
i have to admit rather than aguero be the main striker could he not be the link man?? then as you say eto`o or dzeko by the top man with silva,aguero and yaya pulling the strings with nige just sitting in front of the back four?

yep. i reckon thats an option. Eto'o would be awesome still for 3-4 years,and would be perfect in the respect that he is a deadly finisher.
that team would create so many chances for him.
Golden boot

It's a nice theoretical conundrum to mull over isn't it . . the sort of subject matter that we couldn't even have imagined four years ago (Aguero new in the door and should we now swap Tevez for Eto?) and I'm lovin' it.
Both great players or should I say fantastic players? (sorry) I think the issue is around the future resale value of the players given the 3 year age difference with the added consideration of whether Tevez would give his all if he stayed?
Well, I believe that Carlos will now have the realisation that he isn't bigger than the club, recent signings make it obvious that we're moving onwards & upwards with or without him. Just a gut feeling but I suspect that if Roberto decides that it's to our advantage to keep Carlos on the books then Carlos would play with all the commitment that he's shown for every club he's ever played for on the pitch (to increase his chances of a future prime transfer if nothing else).
So, we have the chance of pairing Aguero & Tevez together in attack or possibly some kind of deal to replace Tevez with Eto . . . It's a lovely problem but I'm not going to suffer heartache over it and I'll leave it to Roberto and Cookie to crunch the numbers because I know that whatever the outcome, we'll be one of the strongest squads in europe and I probably hold one of the best value season tickets in the world (on a cost to talent basis).

Lucky us eh?

1. Hypothetically suppose that Eto'o and Tevez were subjected to exhaustive medical and fitness tests; and that the anonymised data were submitted to appropriate experts who were asked to decide (i) which person is younger (in calendar terms) and (ii) which person is likely to have the longer future life as a striker at the top level. The answers would be (i) Eto'o and (ii) Eto'o.

2. In this and other threads, there are those who love Tevez so much that they raise any objection they can think of to any development that would involve his transfer. (An obvious example is "we do not need another striker" from someone whose main wish is that Tevez stay at City.) I seriously suggest that, if they really love the man, they should think for a moment about what he himself wants and what is best for his family and for him. He is desperate to leave, the more so now that we have signed Aguero.

African cup of Nations, one reason why we should target someone else. If we buy him we could have half of our backbone missing in january, Yaya, Kolo and Eto and if we have any injuries. Great player but wrong time!

In a heart beat, get on it City, I just hope he's not on £200k + a week

i would personally take 30 - 40 million from Inter, and then spend it on a high quality midfielder, if not a swap for Sniejder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.