Tevez: 'I'm tired of football' (new quotes)

Is it bad that no matter what Tevez says i sill love him

And you know why because no matter what he says he always goes out a puts 1000% in to the game.

If he stays another 4 years he will go down in true legend status, i really hope we win the league with him as captain

Wouldnt matter who was captain to me to be honest as we won jack all in my 25 years but i think it would mean an awful lot to him

So basically he's saying that he's going to play until he's about 30 and quit. That's only 4 or 5 years before other strikers so what's the big deal?!

i think tevez have got the right of feel bad with his life.

what i really dont understand is the why he seem to need to show his feeling to the press.

the soon City sells him the better it will be

What I think is that every time he can pull on the shirt and go on the pitch he can feel free, be himself and play, which is what he loves and what he wants to do.

However I think he misses his family, and I think maybe he's annoyed at the lack of respect and gratitude the younger players have for the position they are in, and maybe that pisses him off because he's come from the bottom of the pile to being a world class striker, he's been through so much more than them and they probably show very little respect or a good attitude and application.

I don't think there's anything to worry about again.

LoveCity said:
Hopefully mistranslated quotes but they seem quite clear to me. :/

At least he says he will play for 3-4 more years, hopefully all with us.

-

Homesick Carlos Tevez has once again reiterated his desire to retire early from the game in an outburst about the money-driven characters involved in football.

Despite clocking up nine goals in typically determined performances for Manchester City this term, the striker has revealed that his heart is no longer in the game.

His latest comments come in a long line of statements of discontent concerning his opinions about modern-day football.

"I don't want to play any more," he said to the TyC Sports.

"I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play any more, and I'm talking seriously.

"Football is only about money, and I don't like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers... it's awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money.

"The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two mobile phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm tired of that too."

Tevez also launched a tirade about the disrespect shown by young players to senior figures in the game.

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

"I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today.

"I don't want to suffer any more, I just want to be calm, I want some peace. But at the moment, football feels like a job for me."

quote of the year.

Welcome to our lives, Carlos. None of us like our jobs, and none of us get paid 150k per week to do them.

Just worry about football, footballers spend most of their lives retired.

he's carried this club for the best part of a year, he can say whatever he wants

The guy split up with his wife, she fucks off back to Argentina and takes the kids with her, he has no family living with him so he want's to retire from football aged 30 seems pretty resonable to me.

No wonder why he's depressed yeah he's on £150,000 I'm no parent but am sure the blues on here who have kids could very well say they wouldn't work on the other side of the world for £150,000 a week and barely get to see their children without feeling a little depressed??? I mite be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.