Tevez interview from Kicker

bluevengence

sorry if already posted...

BUENOS AIRES: Carlos Tevez remains a hero in Argentina for his courage in putting his family before his millionaire’s contract with Manchester City in the English Premier League. In his latest interview this week, undertaken back home in Buenos Aires, City’s runaway Argentina striker was asked*:

Q: The transfer window closed without any change in your situation. Do you still ‘feel’ a Manchester City player?

A: I just see I think the whole situation has become almost comical. I wanted to leave City and had offers from clubs in other leagues, both Italian and Spanish. But in the end it all collapsed because City wouldn’t accept any of the offers. They say at City that I cost them a lot of money and so they don’t want to give me away on the cheap. But they don’t want to loan me out, either. I really have no idea what will happen in the coming months.

Q: Are you saying that City don’t want you playing football if it’s not for them?

A: I wouldn’t go that far, all I know is the fact of the situation. I sent City a letter in which I told them why I wanted to go. In the last few days I’ve also contacted the Premier League to appeal against the fine which City have imposed on me. I’m waiting now for an answer from the Premier League. Going to the League is the only option I’ve got right now.

Q: You have not played for four months and spend your time back home. Can you understand why people around the football world are mystified?

A: I can see that but there’s nothing I can do about it. There were offers from Milan, from Inter and from Paris Saint-Germain. But each time nothing came of them. But certainly there were interested people who wanted to see me playing football again.

Q: Did the PSG deal fall through because the PSG and City owners come from rival Gulf states?

A: I don’t want to go into the details but my only aim really has been a move to Serie A. If not there, then Spain.

Q: It’s been reported that your adviser, Kia Joorabchian, had spoken to Barcelona where your Argentina team-mate Javier Mascherano plays. Apparently Barcelona were not interested. Was that a big disappointment?

A: Everyone has to do what works for them. Barcelona are a fantastic club, and La Liga a fabulous championship. But what happened, happened.

Q: Are you aware of the damage all this has inflicted on the very positive image you used to have as a top-class footballer?

A: There’s also a personal aspect to all this. I wanted to be closer to my family, above all my children who are and were in Argentina. And because I couldn’t play any longer at City I took control of the situation myself.

Q: Outside Argentina at least, fans think you’ve taken yourself off for a long holiday when you have a contract in England and, at least, should be training at Manchester City. What do you say to that?

A: People can think what they like. I’ve explained my position.

Q: Do you think there is any chance of an eventual rapprochement with City and their manager Roberto Mancini for you to play there again?

A: That’s something I would have to discuss with City’s directors. Let’s see what happens.

Q: In Argentina and Brazil the transfer window is still open. There is talk in South America that you might go back to one of your old clubs, Boca Juniors or Corinthians. With either of them you would be able to play in the Copa Libertadores. What’s your view?

A: If the rules allow it and City agree then that could be a possibility, if only as a loan, but I don’t know how Milan or Inter might feel about that. In any case, City want a definite transfer. That’s what complicates everything because they have made it clear they want a transfer fee for me.

Q: How do you feel in yourself about all of this?

A: What can I say? Of course, what I want is to be playing football. But the way things are I have to make do with playing golf or making appearances like this coming Saturday, at the farewell match of my old friend Martin Palermo.

Q: Are you superstitious. Do you think all this negative stuff began when you missed a decisive penalty in the Copa America against Uruguay back in July?

A: I suppose we can say it’s not been a good time for me. But I believe that this will all soon come to an end. I just hope fans have not forgotten that I play every game full-on.

Q: On Sunday you will be 28. Are you worried that you will have lost an important edge off your game because you have gone so long without finding a new club?

A: Coming back to playing again will not be easy but I am physically strong. I understand what’s needed and will do it. The worst thing is actually all the uncertainty, not knowing how things will work out.

Q: You said once that you intended to retire at 28. Does that still stand?

A: That was something I said many years ago. If I thought back I might just wonder whether this is all just a coincidence or whether I had some sort of premonition.

* From Kicker Sportmagazin, Nurnberg

Q: Do you think there is any chance of an eventual rapprochement with City and their manager Roberto Mancini for you to play there again?

A: That’s something I would have to discuss with City’s directors. Let’s see what happens.
Fuck that.

bluevengence said:
sorry if already posted...

BUENOS AIRES: Carlos Tevez remains a hero in Argentina for his courage in putting his family before his millionaire’s contract with Manchester City in the English Premier League. In his latest interview this week, undertaken back home in Buenos Aires, City’s runaway Argentina striker was asked*:

Q: You have not played for four months and spend your time back home. Can you understand why people around the football world are mystified?

A: I can see that but there’s nothing I can do about it. There were offers from Milan, from Inter and from Paris Saint-Germain. But each time nothing came of them. But certainly there were interested people who wanted to see me playing football again.

Q: Did the PSG deal fall through because the PSG and City owners come from rival Gulf states?

A: I don’t want to go into the details but my only aim really has been a move to Serie A. If not there, then Spain.

Q: It’s been reported that your adviser, Kia Joorabchian, had spoken to Barcelona where your Argentina team-mate Javier Mascherano plays. Apparently Barcelona were not interested. Was that a big disappointment?

A: Everyone has to do what works for them. Barcelona are a fantastic club, and La Liga a fabulous championship. But what happened, happened.

very noble. he wouldnt mind being in Spain or Italy, equally as far from his family. And didnt think of them when he was off with his mistress did he?! No loyalty to anyone or anything.
he's just a prick. plain and simple.

fjf81c.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.