Tevez Interview

Dax777 said:
shawgorbie said:
Jumanji said:
Lied about which part?
saying he didn't refuse to play,that all the players backed him up,that mancini treated him like a dog .Now I could go on but I'll just leave it to you to tell me how wrong I am,which i'm sure you will.
Well, he actually didn't refuse to play. The club did an investigation and concluded as much. He didn't say the players backed him up either. Just said, the club interviewed them for their investigation, and the club concluded he didn't refuse to play. We can deduce from that a likelihood that the players, assistant coaches, or team officials around could not conclusively oppose his position.

If it is true that Mancini was yelling at Dzeko (which seems to be true), and then he turned around and yelled at Tevez to get back to effing warming up, then Tevez is within his right to claim he was poorly treated.

That Tevez is a prick, is no excuse to go bending the facts to suit bruised egos. In the case of what happened in Munich, it is more likely than not, that Tevez's version of the story is more accurate.

That does not excuse his tantrums when subbed, his fantasy issues with management as reason for wanting a transfer, his intentions to skip the parade, or his idiocy in fukking off to Argentina midseason. But those fact should not take anything away from the factual claims about the events that occurred in Munich.

Tevez is an arrogant footballer (most very good ones are.) He also is a footballer who after growing in stature as a player (at United and more so City) decided he was better off in a country other than England. There is nothing wrong with that. It is his right to seek what is best for him. Unfortunately he often went about it the wrong way simply because he was loved too much where he was.

There is nothing in itself wrong with putting in for a transfer. Sure fans of the club you play for wouldn't like it, but tough, that is part of football. It should not be lost on our fans, that the reason we now have Aguero (one of our favs) is because he did the exact same thing we all seem to want to hate Tevez for doing - He sort a transfer out.

Tevez wanted out, but couldn't get out, and in the process lost a lot of power because the team brought in other players in expectation of him leaving. When he couldn't leave, he dropped from the team first list (correctly so) as 1) The new guys were stepping up and 2) It is generally dumb to build your team on someone considering leaving.

His only real mistake in my opinion is letting his ego get the better of him, and refusing to apologize in September. Even though I see how he could have felt he did nothing wrong. But he let his teammates down, by enflaming a raucous, regardless of whether he actually started it.

I am happy he will be available for the remainder of the season, and if the opportunity arises, we'd have a quality backup to go to for the rest of the season.
Good post, Dax.

welsh_andy said:
malg said:
For someone like me, who actually believes this has been handled atrociously, then the interview probably vindicates some of the stuff I actually thought. For those who can't stand Tevez it will be a pile of shite......and they'll say he's lying.

Thanks for posting it.
how can you say that, this is tevez view, we dont know full story from RM, so you cant take what hes saying as they truth. as no of us know the facts. so you cant take one side of story and say it may vindicate certain aspects

No, we don't know the facts, do we, except that we know that Mancini stated publicly that Tevez refused to play, which statement seems to have been disproved by witness testimony as Tevez says.

Nevertheless, not having much in the way of facts to go on has never prevented many Blues on here from believing exactly what they wished and ignoring anything which suggested a different possibility.

Tevez had already acted in a way which angered many of us before this incident and since, but, from the interview, there is possibly a lot still to come out regarding the Mancini/Tevez relationship which could help to explain his behaviour.

waspish said:
Has done ANOTHER interview?
It's the same one. I just posted this because most people haven't seen the actual footage.

Considering he's our player, I figured it might interest some...

Jumanji said:
waspish said:
Has done ANOTHER interview?
It's the same one. I just posted this because most people haven't seen the actual footage.

Considering he's our player, I figured it might interest some...

Looks like they air-brushed out his horns and tail...

Cheers for posting j, i actually think its been a bit of an eye opener! Won't go into too much opinion malarky but everything he says seems to have some proof! He's a bit of a prick sometimes but perhaps Munich was seen incorrectly by the majority of us?

Sorry this is unrelated... But is there still a rule about the amount of games you must play to receive a premier league medal (if we win the league)?

adammck said:
Sorry this is unrelated... But is there still a rule about the amount of games you must play to receive a premier league medal (if we win the league)?
I think they mentioned on sky that it was 10 games you had to play but i may be wrong!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.