Tevez [Merged]

Chippy_boy said:
tomhawley said:
Watch any great side & the thing that seperates them from the rest is just how hard they all work when they haven't got the ball.

exactly, 100% agreed, its a mentality, and needs every single player doing it for it to work, hopefully it will come to us

I would say what's even more evident is how much value they place on keeping possession when then have it. You hardly ever see the speculative "hoof it forward" ball from the top teams. Funny that.

British players on the whole aren't talented enough to play 'keep-ball'

Chippy_boy said:
tomhawley said:
Watch any great side & the thing that seperates them from the rest is just how hard they all work when they haven't got the ball.

exactly, 100% agreed, its a mentality, and needs every single player doing it for it to work, hopefully it will come to us

I would say what's even more evident is how much value they place on keeping possession when then have it. You hardly ever see the speculative "hoof it forward" ball from the top teams. Funny that.

This is why I can see Kompany moving back to CB, he's very calm and collected with the ball at his feet. It makes such a difference across a whole game because then the forwards spend less time chasing down, and the defence is under less pressure overall from when it inevitably comes back at them. Dunney, sadly, is chief culprit for this.

.................Given....................
Onuoha Richards Kompany Bridge/or other
.......Barry Ireland De Jong.......
............Robinho Tevez.............
..................RSC.....................

Wouldnt look to bad to me as is.

Add to that we are linked with Yaya and Kolo Toure, another striker it could look like this:

Richards K.Toure Kompany Bridge/or other
.......Barry Ireland Y.Toure.........
............RSC/Villa/Eto'o.............

Scary.

not my fault! said:
Onuoha Richards Kompany Bridge/or other
.......Barry Ireland De Jong.......
..................RSC.....................

Wouldnt look to bad to me as is.

Add to that we are linked with Yaya and Kolo Toure, another striker it could look like this:

Richards K.Toure Kompany Bridge/or other
.......Barry Ireland Y.Toure.........
............RSC/Villa/Eto'o.............

Scary.
Nice.

I know this isnt the common held opinion but I dont think Kompany is as good in Defence .. when I have watched him play there for us this season he was a "boot it out of danger " kinda guy.. a little panicky !!..

Nedhum on the other hand looked a lot more composed..he brings the ball away from danger and looks for a blue shirt.

Vince is quality when breaking with the ball and moving it quickly upfield.. a trait De Jong doesnt have... so for those reasons I would play Vince in the holding role with De Jong away from home and possibly play one of them at home .. not sure which though ..

ned and a n other at CB .. For me ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.