Tevez [Merged]

The line up quoted looks to me to be the front 3 in a a 4-3-3. Robbie would play in the front 3 Stevie bening in the middfield 3. Why are even talking about this, they play if diff positions

tomhawley said:
lil jon said:
i forgot thats what we look for in our attacking players now, how well they defend

the best teams defend from the front

its not one half of the team for attacking, the other half defending

but i would not put him in over Robinho, just pointing this out that the top teams dont let teams have time on the ball, ala Barcelona

Robinho now tracks back, and puts his foot in, even for Brazil. SOmething i don't see Messi, Henry, Eto'o doing much of.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
There are well founded rumours going around that City are trying to bring in a Real Madrid player...I've not been able to find out much more than that and apologise now for the total vaguery of it. Mind you, it makes sense...City are in the market for quality players and Real Madrid are looking to lose some quality players and replace them with "Galacticos".

Feck me that is exciting news... URG and De Niro are generally reliable when it comes to this sort of thing...

Cambridgeblue said:
There are well founded rumours going around that City are trying to bring in a Real Madrid player...I've not been able to find out much more than that and apologise now for the total vaguery of it. Mind you, it makes sense...City are in the market for quality players and Real Madrid are looking to lose some quality players and replace them with "Galacticos".

Feck me that is exciting news... URG and De Niro are generally reliable when it comes to this sort of thing...

I've yet to see De Niro get anything specific correct. URG is the only one who consistenly delivers.

GStar said:
tomhawley said:
lil jon said:
i forgot thats what we look for in our attacking players now, how well they defend

but i would not put him in over Robinho, just pointing this out that the top teams dont let teams have time on the ball, ala Barcelona

Robinho now tracks back, and puts his foot in, even for Brazil. SOmething i don't see Messi, Henry, Eto'o doing much of.

i was actually saying Robinho should be in instead of Ireland... if you thought i was disagreeing with your previous point,

but i was trying to say defending is not all about tracking back, even though robbie now does so

messi etoo and henry hassel defenders and swarm all over them, as a team barcelona do it, take the match against chelsea for example

GStar said:
Cambridgeblue said:

I've yet to see De Niro get anything specific correct. URG is the only one who consistenly delivers.

Don't get carried away this is not cast iron nailed on...just a rumour that I've been checking out and as yet...have found nothing to back it up.

Blue4ever85 said:
How about this nifty 4-2-2.....

.....................Tevez......RSC

Robinho.........................................Elano

......................Barry...Ireland
..........(Both in centre of midfield, not DM)

Bridge........Onuoha.....Kompany.....Richards

.........................Given
Hardly any of the top teams play 4-4-2 anymore.
It would be robbie up top in a 3 and in midfield, ireland, barry and SWP.

GStar said:
kippax casual said:
Because he brings more balance to the side.

He gets involved all over the pitch not just in the final third.

I'd say thats entirely down to the way the team is set out. You can't honestly say that, if for a geographical mix up Ireland would get into the Brazil team infront of Robinho?

We have players now to give our side balance. Players like Barry and De Jong who can link defence into attack. What we need from our attacking palyers is skill, goals and the ability to change a game themselves. Robinho is one of the worlds best in that department.

I can't beleive i'm debating who would be first choice between Robinho and Ireland, as good as Ireland is.

I'm not saying Ireland would get in to Brazil's team no, however we play in a different way to Brazil, our team is tailor made for a player like Ireland to get into the box from an attacking midfield position with his runs which he did so well for us last year. I don't think Robinho would make those runs and this in turn would reduce our goal scoring opportunities. Robinho will continue to play out on the left wing this season.

Would Robinho be able to track runners and make important defensive tackles and contribute assists and goals? Because that's what Ireland contributes to this team and he is an integral part of this team and arguably the managers first name on the team sheet.

If Robinho is first choice then why did Ireland win player of the year?

tomhawley said:
GStar said:
tomhawley said:
lil jon said:

i was actually saying Robinho should be in instead of Ireland... if you thought i was disagreeing with your previous point,

but i was trying to say defending is not all about tracking back, even though robbie now does so

messi etoo and henry hassel defenders and swarm all over them, as a team barcelona do it, take the match against chelsea for example

Watch any great side & the thing that seperates them from the rest is just how hard they all work when they haven't got the ball.

[/quote]

Watch any great side & the thing that seperates them from the rest is just how hard they all work when they haven't got the ball.[/quote]

exactly, 100% agreed, its a mentality, and needs every single player doing it for it to work, hopefully it will come to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.