Tevez [Merged]

Omiclops said:
Why would we give two shits if Tevez is a media headline or not?
We'll have him at our disposal to use next year, we don't care about the media.

I don't think that is the case.

We have a marketing man in charge of the club, and he will want any signing of this calibre to be made with a bang.

Clear message to be sent to potential sponsors, players and supporters and it's only right IMO that the way this is announced (if it happens) is very carefully media managed.

Omiclops said:
Why would we give two shits if Tevez is a media headline or not?
We'll have him at our disposal to use next year, we don't care about the media.

Just remember that the owner bought our club and want to turn it into the best in the world as it is a way of Premoting Abu Dhabi

The Club WANTS the headlines and the world press taking notice and people talking about MCFC

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
What do you think Cook would rather do? If Tevez is coming (and it's looking likely) would he rather:-

1) Announce the deal has been done whilst Tevez is 1,000s of miles away on international duty; or

2) Announce the deal has been done with Tevez in attendance at a 4pm conference at City with the world's media in attendance

Why would Tevez come all the way back to Manchester to then feck off again on holiday the next day? He has already said he will be going on holiday straight after the game tomorrow so doubt we will see him in any press conference soon.
If and I mean IF we have done a deal then it should be announced now and not in a few days... Kaka is not the reason and if it is were fucked because bigger names will sign for bigger clubs ove the next week so what are we going to do? Wait for all those to be sorted? We will be waiting a while me thinks. I still think he may sign for the rags?

not my fault! said:
What do you think Cook would rather do? If Tevez is coming (and it's looking likely) would he rather:-

1) Announce the deal has been done whilst Tevez is 1,000s of miles away on international duty; or

2) Announce the deal has been done with Tevez in attendance at a 4pm conference at City with the world's media in attendance

Why would Tevez come all the way back to Manchester to then feck off again on holiday the next day? He has already said he will be going on holiday straight after the game tomorrow so doubt we will see him in any press conference soon.
If and I mean IF we have done a deal then it should be announced now and not in a few days... Kaka is not the reason and if it is were fucked because bigger names will sign for bigger clubs ove the next week so what are we going to do? Wait for all those to be sorted? We will be waiting a while me thinks. I still think he may sign for the rags?

Who said anything about him being here straight after the game? There are rumours circulating that he might be but that wasn't what I was talking about. My point was quite simple...would Cook prefer to announce a deal with the player in attendance or not.

not my fault! said:

Who said anything about him being here straight after the game? There are rumours circulating that he might be but that wasn't what I was talking about. My point was quite simple...would Cook prefer to announce a deal with the player in attendance or not.

I would think it would be something that as a club we would really want to do.

C_T_I_D said:
Didn't someone mention that it'd be sorted on July 1st?

Yes but some people also said it would be sorted by 6pm yesterday ;)

In all honesty - tomorrow, Friday, July 1st, As long as it`s 100% agreed i`m not too bothered.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Richie said:
jay_mcfc said:
I agree Svennis. Fuck Kaka and Madrid, the fact that we're signing a top class player for £30m whilst beating off United will send enough shockwaves through the footballing world.

You might think that as a City fan and I agree with you that ANY story about MCFC should be headline news!

However, in the houses of places like Singapore, China and even the USA, do you think that once they have finished tossing off over a new world record transfer of arguably the biggest name in world football, to the biggest team in works football, there would be the same amount of interest in a Tevez to MCFC story?

As I said earlier, Garry Cook is an expert in getting the maximum exposure (look at his bottler comments) and I think he MAY be waiting for the perfect moment to make such an announcement.

Since he first arrived, everything he has done has had one eye towards 'building the brand'

The Chairman, Gary Cook and the manager want to raise the international profile of the club in this window. The signing of Barry was an early statement of intent but the club want to go further. When Barry was pitched the project he was told about the summer plans and they played a big part in his decision to come here. Tevez is a part of our summer plans but we are working on a number of other deals.

It is my undertanding that the club are hoping to unveil Tevez alongside, or shortly before another key signing and that this will be a major statement that will not only put us firmly on the world map but will help us in pursuading the other targets we are still pursuing. It is for this reason that the club want to make sure any announcement is carefully timed to have maximum impact, hence the delay because of the Kaka transfer. I am also told that Robinho has been made aware of some of the clubs plans, and has been green lit to discuss some limited details with members of the Brazil squad we may be interested in (like Luisao).

It also partly explains why Elano is unhappy and wants to be guaranteed a first team place and why Robinho has not come out and urged the boss to keep him.
So Tevez is a done deal?.

Yes... list me Ducardo

Crumpsall Blue said:
C_T_I_D said:
Didn't someone mention that it'd be sorted on July 1st?

Yes but some people also said it would be sorted by 6pm yesterday ;)

In all honesty - tomorrow, Friday, July 1st, As long as it`s 100% agreed i`m not too bothered.

Yup, I'm with you there. Because the Barry thing happened so quickly we expect the same of every other transfer. The simple fact is that logistically it cant be announced until Thursday at the earliest. Just sit back and enjoy the ride fellow citizens, its going to be madness!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.