Tevez [Merged]

i know what he said......

IMHO kaka would be better for the team than ireland[/quote]

How much have you watched KAKA play ? or are you one of these who thinks its KAKA so he's god ?

jay_mcfc said:
I agree Svennis. Fuck Kaka and Madrid, the fact that we're signing a top class player for £30m whilst beating off United will send enough shockwaves through the footballing world.

You might think that as a City fan and I agree with you that ANY story about MCFC should be headline news!

However, in the houses of places like Singapore, China and even the USA, do you think that once they have finished tossing off over a new world record transfer of arguably the biggest name in world football, to the biggest team in works football, there would be the same amount of interest in a Tevez to MCFC story?

As I said earlier, Garry Cook is an expert in getting the maximum exposure (look at his bottler comments) and I think he MAY be waiting for the perfect moment to make such an announcement.

Since he first arrived, everything he has done has had one eye towards 'building the brand'

PhuketBlue said:
sput the wonder pig said:
i know what he said......

IMHO kaka would be better for the team than ireland

IMHO you'd be wrong.

I recon we'd have to lose one of our attacking players from the team to accomodate Kaka whereas eventually Ireland will improve to the extent that we can add to our attacking players. I also think Ireland reads Robbie's game better for City than Kaka does for Brazil.

Ant_s29 said:
jay_mcfc said:
I agree Svennis. Fuck Kaka and Madrid, the fact that we're signing a top class player for £30m whilst beating off United will send enough shockwaves through the footballing world.

Why is KAKA still been mention like the above post feck him we've got Superman who to me is much better for the team as a whole anyway, could you see kaka losing the ball on the edge of the opponents box and tracking back to put the tackle in to get it back, thats what we get with stevie! He's absolute class and his link up play with robbie will only get better n better! bring on next season it's going to be awesome.

let me get this right.. you think ireland is better than KAKA ?

Let me put it to you this way is KAKA £100M better than Ireland... i think not! Steven Ireland is here and doing everything asked of him, for me yes he's better than KAKa, simply because he's one of ours.

Jacob333 said:
The Fixer said:
Jacob333 said:
jay_mcfc said:

No it won't, Stop deluding yourself.

RAG!

Nope, check my other posts. I'm not getting giddy about a player i think is quite average. Simple as that, and it makes our supporters look fucking daft talking bollocks like that.

Tevez maybe over priced but to say the other posters are deluded is plain stupid imo.

For were we are in our development, to sign Tevez would be a major coup and i believe it would send shockwaves around the football world.

dayvo said:
Ant_s29 said:
jay_mcfc said:

Why is KAKA still been mention like the above post feck him we've got Superman who to me is much better for the team as a whole anyway, could you see kaka losing the ball on the edge of the opponents box and tracking back to put the tackle in to get it back, thats what we get with stevie! He's absolute class and his link up play with robbie will only get better n better! bring on next season it's going to be awesome.

let me get this right.. you think ireland is better than KAKA ?

Let me put it to you this way is KAKA £100M better than Ireland... i think not! Steven Ireland is here and doing everything asked of him, for me yes he's better than KAKa, simply because he's one of ours.

Considering Stevie's new contract i think the sum would be less than £100M.

GStar said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Maybe i'm missing something here but WTF exactly does the Kaka deal have to do with the timing of us signing Wolfboy?
Or can only one player sign for a club per day nowadays?
Screw Madrid - why should we give a flying one about who they sign or stealing their thunder?

You are missing something.

How can you not see that the world record signing of one of the worlds best players to argubly the worlds most famous club is not the best time for City to announce the signing of Carlos Tevez?

A 'big' name in his own right, annoucing it now will not give the full effect we want when looking to build awareness of our club both domestically and internationally. We want our news to be headline news, talked about by everyone, not second fiddle.

I take your point.
But as long as we have the "we are not worthy" attitude of not wishing to announce anything for fear of the "really big clubs" signing someone then we will always be saddled with an inferiority complex.
So say Rollaroundo goes tomorrow,and Chelski sign Ribery or whoever on Friday.
We should feel confident enough in our status now to be making announcements to suit us,not the media.
As long as we play second fiddle to others,we will not shake off that mentality.

It makes sense not announcing this until the Kaka deal dies down a bit, we wouldn't have half the shock effect we hope for with him being paraded around at the Bernabeu after a World Record transfer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.