Tevez replacement [Merged]

Re: Tevez Replacement...

ST Coleridge said:
Etchy said:
edison cavani.

Just signed a new deal, didn't he?

Lavezzi's a good (and realistic) shout. I'd like someone that's versatile enough to play off a wing.

Think we can rule out Eto'o now - Mancini wouldn't have mentioned the deal if it wasn't dead.

Aguero is capable of playing anywhere in the attack aswell.

Re: Tevez replacement and striker number 4

Tevez is a bit of a one-off since not many other strikers combine his energy + work-rate with goals.

We should really be looking at what sort of striker would fit into our system / style of play.

If we had achieved a "dream transfer window" our midfield/attacking line-up would have been something like this:

----------De Jong---------
-------Fabregas----Yaya----
Sanchez------------Silva
----------Tevez----.

Even if the above is not going to happen...it tells you something about RM's preferred style of play:
i.e. our attacking threat comes from slick quick interchange of passing (Barca / arsenal style) rather than dynamic wing play (Man Utd style).

The ideal striker to play up top in that team is someone with pace who can make intelligent runs behind the defence to be fed by Silva / Sanchez / Nasri etc.
Eto or Torres (of two years ago) or Anelka (of 5 years ago)would be perfect.
At a more mundane level...even Darren Bent's style of play would work....as would Asamoah Gyan at Sunderland.

Neither Dzeko (too slow) or Balotelli (not clinical enough) really fit the bill.

This point is also why I am still puzzled by the Dzeko purchase...
Not an issue of whether he is a good player or not...but simply his need to be supplied by good quality wingers doesn't seem to fit with our set-up.
(at least Balotelli can play out on the left).

Re: Tevez replacement and striker number 4

Andouble said:
Pubteam Lomas said:
Convinced it's going to be Rossi. Not my choice, but then I'm not sure how we replace Tevez

would f*cking LOVE it if it were Rossi. Sublime, sublime player.

My Mrs rates him so highly that she'd have him back at the rags like a shot, have to agree with her, has pace and is tricky, a good brain, great movement and a very good finisher.

Personally though, I can see Tevez staying for one more year on the grounds that given it's such an intricate deal, we'd need more time to get things sorted out to both party's satisfaction, failing that a move for Drogba.

We must replace Tevez with a marquee signing and it doesn't have to be another striker.

Not mant clubs could afford the transfer fee so a swaps looks most likely.

Real Madrid - Could swap for Higuain
Barcelona - Villa would be great but just cannot see it. Ibrahimovic is still a Barcelona player and Mancini rates him highly.
Inter - Schneider

or one I think would be a clever move would be Chelsea for Torres. He didn't settle in at Chelsea but nobody can deny how good the player is. A move back to the north west could be just what he needs. Plus he loves scoring against Stretford Rangers.

If Carlos can do one last favour for us it's convince Aguero to sign for us.

Balotelli (20) Dzeko (25) Aguero (23)

Class young strike force there, all goal hungry, all can score goals in different ways...long range, arial, poaching, running in off the back line. Everyone wants a player of vast experience or proven but lets face it, we can't replace Tevez, there are no other Tevez's. This kid would no dissapoint.

I think it's been mentioned but he can play on the right in an attacking formation and Balo can on the left, with Dzeko up the middle and Silva behind them it's mouth watering to me. Don't need experience, we need 3 goal hungry young guns all with different qualities, this is them.

Most likely scenario would be Real. They are low on out and out strikers, Higuain & Benzema (so we ain't going to get one of them in a swap) but have a butt-load of midfielders.

Problem is they are going to want to swap their crap for Tevez and we won't wear that. I'd be happy to see a decent AMC + a youngster AMR/L from Real (dreaming maybe but Kaka & Callejon/Canales or Gago who's been kicking up a fuss?).

They gain a striker and get 2 midfielders off their books - wages probably neutral.

Whether the players would be prepared to come to City is another matter entirely, we've seen the problems Barca have had trying to swap players to Udinese who don't want to go there.

DROGBA!! Finished article, 20 goals plus...<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:49 pm --<br /><br />DROGBA!! Finished article, 20 goals plus...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.