Tevez

green pennies said:
It stings to hear Carlos speak ill of Manchester, and even though we all know he is automatic 100% every time he steps on the pitch, after a while it just starts to grate on one's nerves.

I have mixed feelings. The football fan in me salivates at the thought of Tevez and Aguero on the same pitch together, but my heart wants City to be filled with players who know how to commit to a team and a city. Look, we all know that players, especially in the "new" MCFC era, are drawn by the money. But I can't help but hold onto the idea that some players are also drawn by the chance to win silverware, be a part of a true "team" in every sense of the word, feel the camaraderie, and take part in the special fellowship that can sometimes develop between a club's players and its fans. I see that in Vinny Kompany, Joe Hart, and a few others on this squad. I'm not naive, I know it's a business and all the lads are looking after their own careers, but for gods sake, at least humor the fans Carlos!

Part of me tries to explain it away by saying that Tevez is a largely uneducated kid from the worst streets of Buenos Aires, a kid who saw some hard shit in his early life, came up through hard work and pure love of football. The guy has to be passionate to play like he does. You see his love for his family plainly displayed.. even though as City fans know it sometimes pulls him away from feeling truly at home in Manchester. How mad can I be at a guy who would've left one of the biggest clubs in the world as they were poised to make serious runs at every trophy for which they compete and transfer to Corinthians (no slouches in South America, but obscure in comparison) and take a pay cut, just to be closer to his family and make them (and himself) happy? Tevez doesn't think like most of us. I think he came up by being true to himself and his loved ones and not kissing the ass of any organization, boss, manager, new language, foreign culture, or fan to gain acceptance, and that is what he will continue to do. Love his family.

Unfortunately for City fans, we never had a shot at being a part of that family. At best he was a cool uncle, in and out of jail, who thrilled us with flashes of brilliance on those rare occasions that the whole family actually got together for a holiday dinner (before getting drunk and saying a bunch of hurtful shite before mom kicked him out).

The good news? We know Tevez, he could be completely "happy" with his situation for these next few months for all we know, before the inevitable complaining and transfer probably happens. I say we City fans do the smart thing and enjoy it while it lasts. Grab a sixpack, put a turkey in the oven and get the kids from their bedrooms... Uncle Carlos is coming over.

Good Post :)

alky313 said:
I was wondering what everyone thinks about Carlos remaining in the side. He was joint top scorer in the prem and the engine we needed in stagnant times. Its clear that their are no suitable options. Inter are a point where they want a loan and we want to sell outright. If he stays how do you see the team formation wise and how would you welcome him back?

Heres mine:

Richards---------Kompany-----------Lescott------------Clichy
---------------De Jong---------------------------------------
------------------------------------Yaya---------------------
Nasri-----------------------------------------------------Silva
---------------------Tevez-----------------------------------
----------------------------------Aguero---------------------
Subs: Kola, Pantimilon, Dzeko, Balo, Milner, AJ

Arranged with the 2 dms and the attacking midfielders in their classic positioning. Tevez was very good in distribution. Which is why I see him dropping into midfield a bit more this year.
Singing Nasri is only about 55-45 in our favour, just, at them moment. Far from signed! Can we maybe think about our team without him?

Is it only 6 subs this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.