Tevez ?

I don't see why he has to come so deep looking for the ball. I guess it's out of his own frustration but I prefer to see him higher up the pitch. You can't fault him for his efforts but I don't think he is back to his best yet. Maybe he needs to send his family back home to Argentina and concentrate on his football :-J

robsta said:
I don't see why he has to come so deep looking for the ball. I guess it's out of his own frustration but I prefer to see him higher up the pitch. You can't fault him for his efforts but I don't think he is back to his best yet. Maybe he needs to send his family back home to Argentina and concentrate on his football :-J
But he's good at coming deep, and when Silva and Nasri aren't playing perhaps it's needed. he can also carry the ball along way, and play 1-2s along the way. The more he gets on the ball the better

If Nasri and Silva were playing then I'd say yes, Tevez would better serve the team staying up front, but without it's really good that he can play this role, and that he's so willing to do it

Rooney does this too for Utd. he gets credit for it. It's a real asset for the team

Not the same player as last season. We should have cashed him in for £40m (which we DID try to do) last seaon as so far this season he's worth about £10m tops. How the mighty fall hey? In a way I'm glad as he's fucked us about with his bollox about leaving and claiming Manchester is basically a shithole. Mancini is right to drop him and strip him of the captaincy for that alone. I'm not bothered that he's been our best player for the last two seasons, the way he's behaved he can fuck off for me. Forza Mancini, nobody's bigger than the club.

Not necessarily aimed at the OP, but many people now expect Tevez to perform miracles when he gets the ball; every touch, pass, shot and dribble is scrutinised in spite of how good he's playing. IMO Mancini is guilty of this to a degree also, like when he brought him on against Fulham at the weekend to grab a goal. He'll be firing again in two to three weeks and we definitely need him as Balotelli will be played mostly as a wide forward, Dzeko an old school CF so we're left with Carlos and Sergio to fight it out. Still backing him to bag 20 this season aswell.

I've heard this all before with Tevez.

He is not fit, it will take him some time. Once he is, he will be back to his usual self banging in goals. Then we will have 3 strikers netting hatricks!

he didn't say that about Manchester. he said that he wouldn't come here on holiday. Would you? Old stuff, not worth going through

I'll look at what he does on the pitch, and all that missing tonight was a goal, but we know that he can do that once he's got the sharpness from playing games back. His attitude was as ever faultless.

We are constantly told what to think about Tevez by his and City's many critics, but I'm not listening. I'll watch what I see on the pitch. And he doesn't look far away to me. Not quite last season's contender for Player of the Season yet, but give him a couple of games and he will be. Of course it maybe he doesn't get those games just yet, but he will come good

Marvin said:
robsta said:
But he's good at coming deep, and when Silva and Nasri aren't playing perhaps it's needed. he can also carry the ball along way, and play 1-2s along the way. The more he gets on the ball the better

If Nasri and Silva were playing then I'd say yes, Tevez would better serve the team staying up front, but without it's really good that he can play this role, and that he's so willing to do it

Rooney does this too for Utd. he gets credit for it. It's a real asset for the team

I agree with that to some extent but at times he came deep, then he'd release it around the half way line and stay there and then we'd have less options to get the ball forward. But yeah I sort of agree that without Silva and Nasri it was understandable. Thing is with Rooney he comes deep but then quickly gets forward to get on the end of something. Carlos at times just hangs back.

Tonight he looked like he wanted to order people about as if he wanted to show he should be captain. Waving his arms about like McManaman. I don't mind anyone being a captain on the pitch but some of it just seemed to be as if he wanted to show he was boss. Like pointing out to Nedum that he needed to get back in to the RB slot when he was already running back.

if that was the tevez last season he would of scored that 1on1 tonight easy.
He's slowly doing better than his recent games that's about it
from a big tevez fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.