Tevez

Tevez City said:
Rolee said:
uwe282828 said:
Tevez has been in great form this season,maybe lacked 3 or 4 goals but with his overall play and work rate is great.I think Sergio gets picked infront of tevez because of his goals last season and Dzeko because he offers a different threat. Tevez has more assists than any other striker.

I think Aguero gets picked over him because he wants to be here. Tevez is just honouring his contract because he doesn't have a choice but to, well he does but that choice would cost him a lot of money and Kia wouldn't be happy about that.

He dont want to be here but still playing better than those whom are willing to finish their career here with City.

Who's he playing better than and who's willing to finish their career here?

I would have played Tevez and Aguero. Pace and movement to exploit Carragher in particular.

But I thought Dzeko played well and he did score.

moomba said:
I would have played Tevez and Aguero. Pace and movement to exploit Carragher in particular.

agree with first part, but the first thing my old fella said to me after the game was "i didnt know Dzeko was on the park second half, something you can never say about Tevez,
not a Dzeko hater and think hes an asset to the squad just i prefer Tevez, esp v old slow CBs

Robbo. said:
Rolee said:
Robbo. said:
So when Dzeko got dropped after the spurs game when he scored 4 goals was for the good of the team?

You mean when Dzeko was rested having played two full internationals in the previous week in favour of a fresh Tevez?

Yes, what Mancini does is for the good of the team, it's not about singling players out.

He was never the same after that, infact his season was affected after it.

Mancini thinks its for the good of the team, but in reallity it isnt. Thats why we struggle in europe and thats why sometimes the team looks unispired. Its not my opinion its clear to see.
We won the game after Dzeko scored 4 and was dropped, 3-0.

So yeah, it worked out well for the team.

Your point that Mancini is singling out Tevez despite him playing the most minutes (amongst our strikers) and right up there with appearances is unfounded.

This could be Tevez last season with us lets hope he can start scoring again.I think he will be a vital player in the last 13 matches.

Rolee said:
Tevez City said:
Rolee said:
I think Aguero gets picked over him because he wants to be here. Tevez is just honouring his contract because he doesn't have a choice but to, well he does but that choice would cost him a lot of money and Kia wouldn't be happy about that.

He dont want to be here but still playing better than those whom are willing to finish their career here with City.

He is playing better than Aguero and Dzeko.

Tevez City said:
Rolee said:
Tevez City said:

He is playing better than Aguero and Dzeko.

When was the last time he scored in the league? How many have our other strikers scored since then?

moomba said:

I probably would have played all three but certainly Dzeko , although he often doesn't get to the position he should when Silva / Milner gets deep and wide have the ball , Tevez is always too close to do any of the sort.

Tevez 's role has changed now in the time he has left ( I am sure he will be off in the summer ).

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't score another goal for us but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a role to play where appropriate.

The key is knowing the right games to start Tevez and that will one of many of RM's challenges faces now if he is to make inroads into the 9 point gap.

It seems odd that folk are saying "This or that might be a decent way for him to wind up his career"... He's only 29 a couple of days ago. It's not like he's Drogba who's a good 5 years ahead of him. I know he probably wants a move home, but I don't understand this idea that he's somehow winding up his playing days. Good 5 years in him yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.