Texas court halts sale of Dippers

proper funny my mate (scouse) just text me about being happy the twats are gone etc etc.. then said top 4 here we come!.....

LMFAO.

Just watching the news footage of those poor people getting rescued. Great to see the smiles back on their grubby little faces and faint glimmers of hope in their otherwise poverished and mundane lives.

I Still hope Everton beat them on Sunday though....

BobKowalski said:
Cambridgeblue said:
I would agree - although the Mill Finance gambit ultimately failed it will have massively strengthened H&G's case against the Directors / RBS as there was clearly a concrete deal in place that would have repaid RBS.

Ultimately it seems Broughton, Ayres and Purslow took considerations such as fan pressure into account ahead of their duties to the shareholders. This dispute will rumble on for some time.

-- Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 pm --

I disagree because the directors still owed statutory duties to H&G REGARDLESS of the terms of their appointment under the CGSL.

I disagree. The UK High Court also disagrees. The Directors have a statutory duty to shareholders but H&G waived that statutory duty when they signed off on the refinancing deal.

With all due respect you weren't present at the High Court hearing and were not privvy to all that was said in that hearing... I on the other hand was.

Hicks and Gillette failed to convince the judge that the directors were acting against their interests / in breach of their statutory duties on the basis of the evidence before him at the time. That is not to say that with proper disclosure given as part of a derivative action brought by Hicks and Gillette the court might find differently.

It should also be noted that Mr Justice Floyd DID grant an order for disclosure sought by Hicks & Gillette in his judgement on Wednesday.

It would be a VERY dangerous precident to set that could allow directors to evade their duties to act independently and in the best interests of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole, to do so would strike at the very heart of the Companies Act 2006.

mike channon´s windmill said:
HM Govt (taxpayers) waive 40m quid in fees etc to finance Dipperpools transfer warchest - nothing changes - they´ve lived off handouts for decades

They'll just waste it on more shit like Aquillani & Glen Johnson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.