TFM and David Villa

Pigeonho said:
Blue Phil said:
Exactly, we can't attract top players, i mean c'mon Robinho and Tevez are turd aren't they? i mean, one of them cost realy madrid 20 million pounds when he was a teenager and was part of the real Galactico's, and another rejected a contract to play for man united for 5 years becoming one of there best players ;).
But i agree, Villa will not come to the premier league. I think after lescott we will only improve our youth with players like elm etc, however have a sneaky feeling we may make a random signing like robben, and it really wouldn't surprise me if Barcelona re increasing messi's buy out clause because of an enquiry from us, if we were willing to pay 108 million for kaka, 130 is nothing for messi, i bet they were working full speed to negotiate a new deal with him.

Sorry dude, but I can counteract that by quoting Kaka, Eto'o and Terry.... 3 players who are on a different league to the ones you quoted. There are certain players, top players, who will come as has been proven, but there is a band of elite players, i.e Kaka, Terry, Eto'o, Torres, Gerrard, Villa etc who won't give us the time of day. They won't even give Chelsea the time of day just yet, (Terry aside, obviously), as not even they have been able to ever make a so called marquee signing, so we have absolutely no chance whatsoever.
Hmm, good points, but i do believe that robinho would walk in to any team in the world, except real madrid so would class him as good as terry, villa eto'o etc. The only players in the world IMO who are absoulutly unobtainable are, Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi. Because lets face it, we could have offered 50 million for JT and offered him say 220,000 a week and it would have prbably secured him realistically.

Blue Phil said:
Pigeonho said:
Sorry dude, but I can counteract that by quoting Kaka, Eto'o and Terry.... 3 players who are on a different league to the ones you quoted. There are certain players, top players, who will come as has been proven, but there is a band of elite players, i.e Kaka, Terry, Eto'o, Torres, Gerrard, Villa etc who won't give us the time of day. They won't even give Chelsea the time of day just yet, (Terry aside, obviously), as not even they have been able to ever make a so called marquee signing, so we have absolutely no chance whatsoever.
Hmm, good points, but i do believe that robinho would walk in to any team in the world, except real madrid so would class him as good as terry, villa eto'o etc. The only players in the world IMO who are absoulutly unobtainable are, Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi. Because lets face it, we could have offered 50 million for JT and offered him say 220,000 a week and it would have prbably secured him realistically.

Fair do's about Terry, but if that happens I think it will just create us as a laughing stock as it will only ever be for the money in that instance. As for Robinho though, if he had been called 'Bob Smith' from Blackburn and gave the performances he gave at away games, we would be slating him and begging for his head. It's only because we managed to get Robinho from te mighty Real Madrid that he wasn't given the same stick anyone else would get. he has alot to prove this season in my books, and I think that is why he wouldn't get into any team just yet. If, however, the better players he has at his side this year enable him to reproduce his home form at away games, he will then become world-class. Just my opinion like.

Pigeonho said:
Blue Phil said:

Fair do's about Terry, but if that happens I think it will just create us as a laughing stock as it will only ever be for the money in that instance. As for Robinho though, if he had been called 'Bob Smith' from Blackburn and gave the performances he gave at away games, we would be slating him and begging for his head. It's only because we managed to get Robinho from te mighty Real Madrid that he wasn't given the same stick anyone else would get. he has alot to prove this season in my books, and I think that is why he wouldn't get into any team just yet. If, however, the better players he has at his side this year enable him to reproduce his home form at away games, he will then become world-class. Just my opinion like.
Yeah i agree because it's like with brazil he always performs well, because he is surrounded by quality players but a city there was only ireland on his level last season, so hopefully he will perform on a week to wekk basis know with tevez etc, but lat the end of last season i was really impressed, he looked stronger and tracked back more

Blue Phil said:
Pigeonho said:
Yeah i agree because it's like with brazil he always performs well, because he is surrounded by quality players but a city there was only ireland on his level last season, so hopefully he will perform on a week to wekk basis know with tevez etc, but lat the end of last season i was really impressed, he looked stronger and tracked back more

He did. He looked like he'd grasped the premier league from late April onwards, especially at home. I hope he forgets about Stoke away forever!! I wanted to dive in the tele and shake him, kick him up his arse and slap his face that afternoon, all of them infact!! Fair play to Stoke though. He needs to hit the ground running from Blackburn onwards. My only fear is that now he is the only Brazilian, whereas last year he was one of 4, I hope he doesn't sink into a shell or something. Not sure if Argentinian is a similar sort of language where he, Tevez and Zab could at least communicate basically, but I don't remember readin anything to say he has bothered to learn English or not.

Pigeonho said:
Blue Phil said:

He did. He looked like he'd grasped the premier league from late April onwards, especially at home. I hope he forgets about Stoke away forever!! I wanted to dive in the tele and shake him, kick him up his arse and slap his face that afternoon, all of them infact!! Fair play to Stoke though. He needs to hit the ground running from Blackburn onwards. My only fear is that now he is the only Brazilian, whereas last year he was one of 4, I hope he doesn't sink into a shell or something. Not sure if Argentinian is a similar sort of language where he, Tevez and Zab could at least communicate basically, but I don't remember readin anything to say he has bothered to learn English or not.
From pic's of training he always seems to be having a laugh so hopefully he is practising english, and he still knows anderson etc so he can still talk to them, plus there wern't many brazilians at madrid i dont think, hopefully he will be happy know there are other good players in.

Blue Phil said:
Pigeonho said:
From pic's of training he always seems to be having a laugh so hopefully he is practising english, and he still knows anderson etc so he can still talk to them, plus there wern't many brazilians at madrid i dont think, hopefully he will be happy know there are other good players in.

Here's hoping. I think he'll get a goal at Ewood park. I think he will be itching to get playing with Adebayor and Tevez, (if he's fit). I think we'll go 1-0 down after 5 mins and everyone will be laughing at us, but then we'll stomp on them 4-1. Robinho, Barry, one from Ireland and a late Adebayor header!

Pigeonho said:
Blue Phil said:

Here's hoping. I think he'll get a goal at Ewood park. I think he will be itching to get playing with Adebayor and Tevez, (if he's fit). I think we'll go 1-0 down after 5 mins and everyone will be laughing at us, but then we'll stomp on them 4-1. Robinho, Barry, one from Ireland and a late Adebayor header!
Here's hoping :D
Season Card came yesterday CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!

I believe that what we need to do this season is top 6, if we get 5th then brilliant. We have a class strike force and a great midfield with De Jong/Kompany and Barry playing like the Mascherano and Alonso role last season with Stevie Ireland just in front. Also we have improved in defense i just hope we get Lescott. However i do feel that if we went in for Villa at the moment he wouldnt come but i do feel some world class players would come.

Theo555 said:
TFM on citymancs is still going on about the Villa transfer although he was wrong about it happening in January.
he now claims that city have just had a transfer fee accepted for him by Valencia last night.....

Tell him to fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.