Thames water

I’m not sure I completely agree with that. Some industries are better for the consumer in private hands. Ones where innovation and genuine competition are key. Telecommunications spring to mind.

I do think, however, that utilities, the prison service and the railway network should all be wholly state owned.
All public transport, for me. Not just the railways.

How many nurses actually retire at 55?

Why shouldn't a nurse be able to retire at a younger age when they worked shift patterns and carried out a far more stressful job than most of the rest of us?
There is no reason why anybody who is offered a contract cannot retire at the end of the contract with a pension, whether that is a nurse or a refuse collector, (I was going to put bin man ) The point I made and I'm sure you knew it, is that the pension has to be funded. One of the reasons why companies, like water companies, were privatised is the the huge burden on the state and councils to fund the public pensions.
The real failure in all this is the regulator. What have Ofwat been doing for the past 15-30 years ?

There is no reason why anybody who is offered a contract cannot retire at the end of the contract with a pension, whether that is a nurse or a refuse collector, (I was going to put bin man ) The point I made and I'm sure you knew it, is that the pension has to be funded. One of the reasons why companies, like water companies, were privatised is the the huge burden on the state and councils to fund the public pensions.
The real failure in all this is the regulator. What have Ofwat been doing for the past 15-30 years ?

Why don’t you answer my first question first?

Once again the British public will have to bail out the private sector from the pressures of free market forces. Higher bills will no doubt deliver the same shitty service and maintain shareholder dividends.
Fuck the shareholders off, take it back wholly, how can they be paying dividends out if they are in debt?

Why don’t you answer my first question first?
Any nurse that joined 30 years ago at the age of 25. Next year any nurse that joined at 25 will also be eligible to retire at 55. I would think that's quite a few but sadly when I telephoned Wythenshawe Hospital to ask they told me to fuck off as they were busy dealing with malingerers, time wasters, soft bastards and mard arses.

The big problem with the NHS and imo why it's being sold off is the pensions. A nurse can retire at 55. They paid 11% of their pay into the pension for 30 years and will likely live another 30 drawing 50% of their pay. The sums don't add up.

That's why you are paying your taxes. (One reason)
No they can’t, the pensions were changed in 2012, retirement age is 60, as you say they pay 11% most people pay between 3-6%, hence they can’t retire until later, how long they live is a complete lottery but people who have done shift work most of their lives tend to not live as long anyway.

Reckless or fraudulent mismanagement of a company.
Reckless mismanagement. That's not actually a criminal offence. Fraudulent. I'd love to know what you believe the management of the company have done that is fraudulent. It is, I might say, a typical Bluemoon response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.