Thames water

Would you classify taxis as public transport?
Do you know, I don’t think I’ve thought about that before.

I probably would to be honest, yeah.

When you think not all areas are serviced by PT, many areas that are serviced by PT aren’t served by it well, even two neighbouring towns in a conurbation like Manchester in the 2020s - Altrincham and Wythenshawe - are very poorly connected and while it’s walking/cycling distance for some people, for others they rely on PT to get between both towns so taxis are the best option.

Any nurse that joined 30 years ago at the age of 25. Next year any nurse that joined at 25 will also be eligible to retire at 55. I would think that's quite a few but sadly when I telephoned Wythenshawe Hospital to ask they told me to fuck off as they were busy dealing with malingerers, time wasters, soft bastards and mard arses.
Something they signed up for 30 years ago, so that’s their fault! That’s when life expectancy was very low so the would be lucky to make it past 75 probably, of course that’s why the NHS is fucked!

No they can’t, the pensions were changed in 2012, retirement age is 60, as you say they pay 11% most people pay between 3-6%, hence they can’t retire until later, how long they live is a complete lottery but people who have done shift work most of their lives tend to not live as long anyway.
I (for once) don't want to derail a thread. My point was, when nationalisation was undertaken pensions were a major reason. They were so generous to public sector workers they were unsustainable. The reason Thames Water is so poor is the total lack of 'policing' by OfWat. They are the ones who have allowed Thames to pollute rivers and fail to repair leaks etc. Ofwat have huge powers to ensure action is taken including unlimited fines. Why have they allowed this situation to develop ?

Something they signed up for 30 years ago, so that’s their fault! That’s when life expectancy was very low so the would be lucky to make it past 75 probably, of course that’s why the NHS is fucked!
I never said it was their fault ! I was asked how many retire at 55 and I answered the question.

Do you know, I don’t think I’ve thought about that before.

I probably would to be honest, yeah.

When you think not all areas are serviced by PT, many areas that are serviced by PT aren’t served by it well, even two neighbouring towns in a conurbation like Manchester in the 2020s - Altrincham and Wythenshawe - are very poorly connected and while it’s walking/cycling distance for some people, for others they rely on PT to get between both towns so taxis are the best option.
How would that work though? Would the cars be state owned? If so, would the drivers be salaried, or would they get a cut of each job? How would you incentivise drivers to work unsocial hours (when they are most in demand)? How would you ensure they picked jobs up they didn’t fancy? How would you ensure that they didn’t do undeclared jobs for cash? What would you do about poor service levels from drivers?

Can’t see it functioning tbh.

I never said it was their fault ! I was asked how many retire at 55 and I answered the question.
The inference is that because they can retire it’s their fault! If I’m wrong I apologise. Good luck to them, these cunts want to work us to the grave.

The inference is that because they can retire it’s their fault! If I’m wrong I apologise. Good luck to them, these cunts want to work us to the grave.
Mr Maverick. No apology needed. To me if you sign a contract it should be honoured.
Derailing the thread slightly I find it amusing (not) that the French are marching in the streets because the government wants to increase retirement age to......62 ! Us we just say. Oh OK.

Fuck the shareholders off, take it back wholly, how can they be paying dividends out if they are in debt?
100% agree, but I suspect shareholders will be the last to suffer - see our railways for example.

Last edited:
South east water has put a hose pipe ban in place even thou the reservoirs are 99% full. They are blaming the working from home as to why they cant get the water to the taps.
Yet it has one of the highest leak rates in the country.

Water is needed for life, why sell it of to any tom dick or harry. All these decades on and this country is still being screwed by what Thatcher did. Lack of water, power companies just about coping, shed loads of sewage pumped daily into our rivers and seas. Lack of council houses, the list goes on.

Just to rub salt into our wounds they used our taxes to bury the witch.
And yet some folk still maintain she was our best Prime Minister post WW2. She was shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.