Thank f*ck the league was over anyway....

The Champions League heavily favours certain clubs and more importantly the team isn't in great form.

But that doesn't mean we can't ever win it as you said. We've been knocked out on fine margins last few years, and worse teams in worse form have managed to win it.

But that doesn't mean we can't ever win it as you said. We've been knocked out on fine margins last few years, and worse teams in worse form have managed to win it.

The first part of the post as well. They will give us the same refs that helped to knock us out against Spurs and Liverpool.

Last edited:
Who do you support? getting to finals and only winning one does not cancel out actually win things,only in dipper land
I’m a blue and I think whatever happens this year our success in last two years still beats theirs. But I’m saying the press don’t think that as they obsessed with CL

In the PL we are fairly certain of a top 4 finish for next years CL. For the remaining games, we now have the opportunity to give a run of starts to the fringe players, THB, Garcia, Phil etc., this gives Pep a real chance to assess their long term prospects. Pep could then use his "star" players more sparingly and employ them to go all out for the domestic and CL trophies and thereby still have a successful season.
Does FA Cup + EFL Cup + CL = PL?

In the PL we are fairly certain of a top 4 finish for next years CL. For the remaining games, we now have the opportunity to give a run of starts to the fringe players, THB, Garcia, Phil etc., this gives Pep a real chance to assess their long term prospects. Pep could then use his "star" players more sparingly and employ them to go all out for the domestic and CL trophies and thereby still have a successful season.
Does FA Cup + EFL Cup + CL = PL?
Well last season CL > PL + FA Cup + EFL Cup + CS, so who knows?

It all depends what Liverpool win I suppose?

As other posters have mentioned, it all depends on the narrative. If City somehow win the champions league and two domestic trophies there will still be some elements of the press questioning the team, which is mental when you think about it!

No team in England comes close to City in terms of performances, records and trophies over the last decade. Haven't we also played significantly more games? Yet some in the media still question this team, its no wonder Pep loses it during interviews...

I think the efforts of the last few season has taken its toll and with injuries, a few players having an understandable dip in form and not replacing Kompany its been a perfect storm and even with that we might still win some silveware (fingers crossed). Not bad for a 'disaster' of a season.

The mid season break is coming at a good time for us. A bit of rest, a few tactical tweaks and Sane and Laporte back to full fitness and we can still end the season on a high.
I'm with you mate.
Some people wouldn't be happy if we won the lot plus the intergalactic cup!

Not in the UK but we are often respected abroad. I'm in Spain at present and a its surprising how many people don't like Real Madid or Barca but do love David Silva. I found the same in Germany with the non-Bayern fans. Not everyone loves the so-called European Royalty.
St. Pauli is a team I would like to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.