Thank f*ck the league was over anyway....

City were the best team last season in every competition bar the CL.

City won the lot domestically. But that was over shadowed by Liverpool winning the CL.

This season Liverpool are the best team in the PL. But not in any of the cup competitions so far.

But you'd think they are on the verge of winning the lot the way the football media and Liverpool fans are going on.

If, and it's a big if, if City bag all 3 cup trophies, and Liverpool only win the PL, they'll still get more acclaim than City will by the sports media in this country.
Whether we like it or not we have to win the CL to get the recognition we deserve. We get better press abroad than we do at home but the CL is the most prominent trophy to win despite not being the hardest to win.

I think the only way that we will be viewed as the pre eminent team of this era is if we either win the CL or knock Liverpool out and reach the final. Our 100 point season is cancelled out by their’s this season and our haul of league and fa cups is cancelled out by their 2 CL finals. They get more credit than we do for last season’s league showing even though we won it.

However what the media think and what the man on the street think are two different things.

Whether we like it or not we have to win the CL to get the recognition we deserve. We get better press abroad than we do at home but the CL is the most prominent trophy to win despite not being the hardest to win.

But do you honestly think we will get the credit we deserve?

I think we could win the lot and we still wouldn’t get the credit we deserve.

As other posters have mentioned, it all depends on the narrative. If City somehow win the champions league and two domestic trophies there will still be some elements of the press questioning the team, which is mental when you think about it!

No team in England comes close to City in terms of performances, records and trophies over the last decade. Haven't we also played significantly more games? Yet some in the media still question this team, its no wonder Pep loses it during interviews...

I think the efforts of the last few season has taken its toll and with injuries, a few players having an understandable dip in form and not replacing Kompany its been a perfect storm and even with that we might still win some silveware (fingers crossed). Not bad for a 'disaster' of a season.

The mid season break is coming at a good time for us. A bit of rest, a few tactical tweaks and Sane and Laporte back to full fitness and we can still end the season on a high.

Last edited:

Not in the UK but we are often respected abroad. I'm in Spain at present and a its surprising how many people don't like Real Madid or Barca but do love David Silva. I found the same in Germany with the non-Bayern fans. Not everyone loves the so-called European Royalty.

As other posters have mentioned, it all depends on the narrative. If City somehow win the champions league and two domestic trophies there will still be some elements of the press questioning the team, which is mental when you think about it!

No team in England comes close to City in terms of performances, records and trophies over the last decade. Haven't we also played significantly more games? Yet some in the media still question this team, its no wonder Pep loses it during interviews...

I think the efforts of the last few season has taken its toll and with injuries, a few players having an understandable dip in form and not replacing Kompany its been a perfect storm and even with that we might still win some silveware (fingers crossed). Not bad for a 'disaster' of a season.

The mid season break is coming at a good time for us. A bit of rest, a few tactical tweaks and Sane and Laporte back to full fitness and we can and the season on a high note.

The bar is set so high now that I think we need more than the league cup for a decent season. Pellegrini won that in his last season and I thought that one was awful. The CL is the holy grail for this club but I can’t see us winning that with the UEFA cartel dominating and our fans not getting behind it. In fact I can see us going out to Uefa’s darlings next round. I think we have more chance of winning both domestic cups though and that would be a very good season for me.

I think the only way that we will be viewed as the pre eminent team of this era is if we either win the CL or knock Liverpool out and reach the final. Our 100 point season is cancelled out by their’s this season and our haul of league and fa cups is cancelled out by their 2 CL finals. They get more credit than we do for last season’s league showing even though we won it.

However what the media think and what the man on the street think are two different things.
Who do you support? getting to finals and only winning one does not cancel out actually win things,only in dipper land

Nothing will ever cancel out our successes in my head and hopefully the heads of any city fan. That should be all that matters.

If we won the lot, we'd get pelters for killing the game and making football uninteresting. And buying success. Liverpool won the CL and PL(soon) with a team of home grown lads from within a stone's throw of Anfield, and some spare coutinho money left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.