Thank f*ck the league was over anyway....

In 1968 Martin Luther King was assassinated, there were race riots in America. Vietnam was falling to the Viet Cong and Europe was in political turmoil.

Then in Christmas 1968 Apollo 8 circumnavigated the moon capturing the Earth rising above the limb of the Moon, and sending back a Christmas reading of Genesis to the world.

A stranger sent a goodwill message to NASA, "You saved 1968".

What would it take to save Manchester City 2019/20?

Ian Wright says only the CL will do (BBC). I say a domestic Cup double, and evidence that this squad is still capable of winning a league title.

Here's the reading of Genesis from the Moon. If you haven't seen it before, it is worth watching. Consider that at that time no one had been to the Moon and that man had ventured no further than close Earth orbit. What have we done for the last 50 years? A pity it was all motivated by the cold war.

This season just makes me appreciate last season's narrow title triumph even more.

Look how close we came to not winning it and Liverpool winning back to back instead of us.

Thankfully we have two titles to show for our efforts and they'll only have one.

We should only thank our manager and players who proved they were the better football team than the Dippers last season.

But, but, the league isn't over.

The sports media in this country will make sure of that short to medium term.

And the Liverpool fans will make sure of that long term.

No matter where you go jn the World, there will be no getting away from Liverpool winning their 1st PL title, and their 1st league title in 30 years. ;-)

If, by "the lot", you mean everything except the PL, League Cup, FA Cup and Charity Shield, then you are quite right

League Cup,FA Cup are nice dont get me wrong.I proudly have photographs on my wall.

I think the only Trophies that really matter to our owners though are the prestigious Premier League,and Champions League trophy.I think they are all that really matter.So when i say the lot i was referring to these 2 Trophies.I should have worded it differently.

Personally i can not stand the Champions League,i think it is a blatantly corrupt competition.Give me a day out at Wembley every day of the week.

League Cup,FA Cup are nice dont get me wrong.I proudly have photographs on my wall.

I think the only Trophies that really matter to our owners though are the prestigious Premier League,and Champions League trophy.I think they are all that really matter.So when i say the lot i was referring to these 2 Trophies.I should have worded it differently.

Personally i can not stand the Champions League,i think it is a blatantly corrupt competition.Give me a day out at Wembley every day of the week.

Without winning the FA Cup, the League Cup, and the Community Shield, no English club can ever do the English double, treble or quadruple in 1 season.

Liverpool fans might say those are nothing trophies, and only the PL and Cl really matter now. They would, wouldn't they.

Regardless of what Liverpool have won, they have never done the English quadruple in 1 season.

Those 3 trophies might not be as important as the CL, the PL title certainly is, but no achievement by Liverpool will ever match what City did last season.

It's a 1 off achievement that has never been done before and is unlikely to be done again. Shankly, Paisley and Ferguson never did it. Klopp hasn't yet.

One more thing.

Cast your mind back to the Community Shield. Liverpool fans were gutted that City beat them and won the Community Shield. The same applied to the League cup. Yet they aren't arsed about this cup. Like f*** they aren't.

"Have you done the quadruple, have you f***, LiVARpool!"

0_teamtrophies.jpg

We face a period of transition for sure.

We fucked up after Mancini won the League,by not strengthening correctly.

To Mancini dismay, deciding on going for quantity, instead of quality, in the transfer market.Still can not quite believe we got rid of Jack Rodwell.

And here we are yet again.

Club hierarchy took their Eye of the Ball.

Spending £100,000 000 on a Fernandinho downgrade and yet another fullback that can not defend

Meanwhile there was a gaping hole in the center of the defense that needed filling has undermined our whole Season.even before La Porte injury

Now we face an extensive rebuild

When with better planning,and spending it could have been so different.

Not sure how much involvement Tixi has with picking transfers,

But what has happened this season feels like when Mancin was undermined in his last transfer windows.

Liverpool look set to dominate for a few seasons,and to be fair they look the real deal .they have already won the lot.

Hopefully our day will come again soon.

In England.

Pep has won the PL title twice. Back to back.

klopp has won it once. This season.

Klopp has won the CL.

Pep hasn't won the CL.

Pep has won the League Cup twice, with a possible third time if City beat Villa.

Klopp hasn't won the League Cup.

Pep has won the FA Cup once.

Klopp hasn't won the FA Cup.

-------

Other cups.

Pep has won the Community Shield twice.

Klopp hasn't won it.

Klopp has won the European Super Cup once.(beating Chelsea)
Klopp has won the 'FIFA' World Club Cup. (beating 2 teams)

Let's get a bit of f***ing perspective here.

Don't believe for 1 minute Klopp is a better Manager than Pep just because he has won a CL, a one of game against Chelsea, and 2 games in a FIFA 4 team tournament.

It seems some City fans believe everything the sports Media and deluded Liverpool fans say.

In England.

Pep has won the PL title twice. Back to back.

klopp has won it once. This season.

Klopp has won the CL.

Pep hasn't won the CL.

Pep has won the League Cup twice, with a possible third time if City beat Villa.

Klopp hasn't won the League Cup.

Pep has won the FA Cup once.

Klopp hasn't won the FA Cup.

-------

Other cups.

Pep has won the Community Shield twice.

Klopp hasn't won it.

Klopp has won the European Super Cup once.(beating Chelsea)
Klopp has won the 'FIFA' World Club Cup. (beating 2 teams)

Let's get a bit of f***ing perspective here.

Don't believe for 1 minute Klopp is a better Manager than Pep just because he has won a CL, a one of game against Chelsea, and 2 games in a FIFA 4 team tournament.

It seems some City fans believe everything the sports Media and deluded Liverpool fans say.
I think all this is a bit pointless we have done amazingly well over the last two seasons and this one is not over for us yet. But Liverpool have almost won the last two major trophies and are the team of the moment. We are currently second best and our objective should be to get back at the scousers not indulge in meaningless name calling and chest beating about who is the best team or has the best manager. Bye the way I seldom listen to or read the sports media and deluded Liverpool fans know to keep well clear of me at this stage.Don't get mad get even.

I think all this is a bit pointless we have done amazingly well over the last two seasons and this one is not over for us yet. But Liverpool have almost won the last two major trophies and are the team of the moment. We are currently second best and our objective should be to get back at the scousers not indulge in meaningless name calling and chest beating about who is the best team or has the best manager. Bye the way I seldom listen to or read the sports media and deluded Liverpool fans know to keep well clear of me at this stage.Don't get mad get even.

City were the best team last season in every competition bar the CL.

City won the lot domestically. But that was over shadowed by Liverpool winning the CL.

This season Liverpool are the best team in the PL. But not in any of the cup competitions so far.

But you'd think they are on the verge of winning the lot the way the football media and Liverpool fans are going on.

If, and it's a big if, if City bag all 3 cup trophies, and Liverpool only win the PL, they'll still get more acclaim than City will by the sports media in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.