Thank you and farewell Nikita Parris

That's weird because when James Milner did the same thing in running down his contract & leaving on a free he got slated?

It would be harsh in the extreme to compare the women to the men in that respect. The top female players over here are on £25-30k a year. And then another £25k from the FA on top of that. £50k is a great salary but it doesn't make you "rich" and certainly not if you face the prospect of retiring in your early thirties and having retrain in something else. These aren't people to whom money is no object. City had four good years out her and she deserves the chance to play at the very top and give herself a bit of financial security.

Only 3% of transfers in the women's game generate any kind of fee anyway and the average figure is in the hundreds of pounds, not the thousands. I think we'll cope

It would be harsh in the extreme to compare the women to the men in that respect. The top female players over here are on £25-30k a year. And then another £25k from the FA on top of that. £50k is a great salary but it doesn't make you "rich" and certainly not if you face the prospect of retiring in your early thirties and having retrain in something else. These aren't people to whom money is no object. City had four good years out her and she deserves the chance to play at the very top and give herself a bit of financial security.

Only 3% of transfers in the women's game generate any kind of fee anyway and the average figure is in the hundreds of pounds, not the thousands. I think we'll cope

Jimmy Milner earns more in a week than Nikita has earned from her City career

She "left" 2 weeks ago after the final game, it was posted in the womens team thread, only today she signed for Lyon (it was widely expected), we'll lose others down this route, if the FA don't change the wage cap in England.

Got to let the raggies catch up first.

Sad to lose Nikita Parris. Definitely would like the salary cap to be removed, rubbish to keep losing our stars to the same team. Very fast and dangerous player, sometimes I wondered if she didn't realise how good she was, I think she has the potential to be one of the best in the world. Writers' player of the year to end on a high, always seemed a great lass with a winning smile too. Thanks and goodbye Nikita!

Manchester City seems to be a feeder club to Lyon and Barcelona heck on free transfers as well lol. How many is that now like 4 or 5 English players? Just from memory Bronze, Christiansen, Parris, Duggan. Can't say I've followed the womens team for years, brief interest in the first or second season but found it boring to watch. I'm surprised that CB hasn't left she seemed to be the best of the lot.

Manchester City seems to be a feeder club to Lyon and Barcelona heck on free transfers as well lol. How many is that now like 4 or 5 English players? Just from memory Bronze, Christiansen, Parris, Duggan. Can't say I've followed the womens team for years, brief interest in the first or second season but found it boring to watch. I'm surprised that CB hasn't left she seemed to be the best of the lot.
When you say CB do you mean Steph Houghton the Centre Back ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.