Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ilkay

b32ff060-021b-11ee-aa08-4727df20b680.jpg
What a picture.
One blue destroying all that redness

And up steps Philip Walter ‘Ronnie’ Foden.

His time is about to start. He’s been a cracking young player with bags of potential up to this point, but over the next three years and then into his prime, Phil is going to become a world leading player in attacking midfield!

He’s one of the finest talents I’ve ever seen and I think Attacking Midfield is definitely the place for him. It would be great if he could take on Gundo’s role too as it will help enhance his game. If he reaches his potential, he could be a cross between Inesta with Lampards goals, so long term I see him as more of a replacement for KDB, in the advanced role/number 10.

McAtee is coming back too, I’d be interested to see how he gets on. Still very raw, and early days, but a good talent.

I don’t quite understand this.. we didn’t want to spend the money to match Barca’s contract for gundog but surely if gundog stays we wouldn’t have needed to spend £30m on kovacic.. why not just pay the extra on the contract and don’t sign kovacic?

I don't think they are related. Nor that offering Gundogan more would have made much difference.

After raising 3 trophies for us this season Gundog, and scoring the winner against the scum in a final, I will certainly be raising a glass to you sir !

SWMBO (Liverpool fan) just said “why gave you let Gundogan go to Barca, Why didn’t you give him a three year deal?”

I’m not sure I have an answer.. I assume that after the treble he just wanted to go out at the top and nothing we said made any difference.. perfect timing for him if so

SWMBO (Liverpool fan) just said “why gave you let Gundogan go to Barca, Why didn’t you give him a three year deal?”

I’m not sure I have an answer.. I assume that after the treble he just wanted to go out at the top and nothing we said made any difference.. perfect timing for him if so

The rumours were, that Gundo was close to leaving last season, as he doesn’t think he can take the strenuous demands of the PL. He decided to stay another year but it seems he doesn’t want to push it. He’s had serious injuries in the past and he doesn’t want to end up in a bad situation for the rest of his life. Essentially he’s moving into retirement with a Barca payday in the sunshine. Just as Aguero did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.