Thank You, Ilkay Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Ilkay, for your time at Manchester City.

You were under appreciated by many, but you proved that you were as good an acquisition as any, who have pulled on the Blue shirt over the years.

A brilliant player, and a wonderful passer, you scored some important and memorable goals in your seven years at Etihad, inspiring the two against Villa on the final day the season before last, the one at the end of the 44 passes against the rags, and of course, the two that won the Cup final, and therefore the double, at the expense of that lot from Trafford.

Your contribution to the rise and rise of this great football club cannot be overstated, and your place in our history - and hearts - is assured.

He single-handedly won us two league titles and an FA Cup.

He replaced Yaya, in terms of delivering goals for the big occasion.

The biggest compliment I can give is that he shared similar qualities to David Silva, both on and off the field.

Gundo let his football do the talking and represented himself and City with utter class.

I hope he has a fantastic life in Barcelona and comes back to Manchester plenty of times in the years to come, just so we can remember the good times and show how much of a legend he will always be here.

Thank you for providing me and my son with two incredible memories we got to share, your goals against Villa and the FA Cup final against United were truly father and teenage son moments!!

Adiós!

Thank you and good luck Gundo!

He's been a great servant to the club all these years, a key member of the captains group culminating in being the captain to lift the treble trophies, and he's delivered more than his fair share of crucial and dramatic goals.

I hope he's happy in Barcelona, and wish him every success (except when they play us!)

After watching this, I don't think I'm ready for the official goodbye videos.

crying-drinking.gif

Great player and done a world of good for our club.

I'm a bit surprised he's gone to barcelona to be honest because i'm curious to see how he'll be used there.

Deserves everything he gets and more though

His start was hampered by injuries and I don't think too many of us realised what a player we had signed. He is the ultimate big match player and we have so much to be grateful to him. Etched in my memory will be the two goals he scored against Barcelona, the Villa goal and the goal in the cup final against the Rags. I'm sure there are many more that I have forgotten - but although I have a failing memory bank these days - I will never forget those I have mentioned. He represented the club so well and was a true ambassador. I wish him well and thank him for serving the club so well. I hope we see him back at the Etihad although I won't want him to score of course. As a general point it is somewhat disappointing that we never had send-offs for players like Gundo and David Silva. Vinnie's was great - but would love to see others back to get a similar appreciative reception. I suppose the logistics of doing so are virtually impossible these days - but just a thought.

I was trying to think of all the great players we have seen since the takeover (not disrespecting prior players)
Too many to list
So let’s just enjoy this period of sensational football
Love City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.