Thank you Joleon Lescott and Gareth Barry

Gutted for Joleon that he didn't get to come on in the final game when the game was won, said that he couldn't have made a cameo.

Barry = LEGEND

Fantastic player and didn't deserve to be sidelined to be honest.

Both great players and if it wasn't for the wages involved atleast one of could have been useful as a homegrown player in next seasons squad.

karen7 said:
I'm really sad to lose these two
I hate losing our english lads
Best of luck to both of them

WELL SAID!!
Wish we had the place for GB in our squad, he's not dynamic enough for MP.

Both have been acting true professionals during their time at City. Loads of players could have moaned about lack of playing time etc., but whenever they played they performed to their standards.
Unfortunately for both players that standard has gone up over the years and it was obvious both were already at their top. They still did a great job, for City and for Everton, but it is time for them to move on like the club moves on. I very much doubt keeping both or one of the two would have done City any favours the way things are moving foreward. It's just the way it is. And the club is imo fully aware of the homegrown status.

I did expect Barry to play a role in the NYC set-up. Maybe that will still happen. In fact I expected Lescott to be interested in that as well, moreso as the city of NY seems a great basement for his clothing-company. Again, it might happen later and both feel they have too much to offer yet to make a step to the USA.

Anyways, I wish them both all the best. A "thank you both" is in order and should come from every Cityfan. Please no backpages thank you, as long as we fans made them feel appreciated for their services.

rnblade said:
karen7 said:
I'm really sad to lose these two
I hate losing our english lads
Best of luck to both of them

WELL SAID!!
Wish we had the place for GB in our squad, he's not dynamic enough for MP.
This isn't about Pellegrini, stop trying to make it about him.

Fernandinho is leagues above Barry in terms of athleticism, technique, value and, most importantly, Champions' League experience. The next one people will compare him to is Javi Garcia, but Barry wouldn't be able to do the defensive job that Garcia has done so well in order to win us the title. It's no coincidence that our defence improved with Garcia sat in front of them.

I'm hugely thankful for the work Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott (and Pantilimon) put in to help us win the trophies we have done, and they'll always be welcome back to this club. Their contributions will never be forgotten and they may well be club legends in future years. But we can't sit here and say they're more than what they are, which is not good enough for where we want to go now.

So it's thank you and goodbye, not thank you and please come back.

The next one people will compare him to is Javi Garcia, but Barry wouldn't be able to do the defensive job that Garcia has done

Really?

My mind wanders back a couple of years ago and our defence looked extremely shaky on the occasions he didn't play, and if memory serves, he was the player that had most tackles for the season.

One of my Everton supporting mates used to slag Barry off all the time when he played for city and when they signed him I told him his opinion would change. A few months later he came up to me, apologized and thanked me. One of those players that is an important cog but not many people realise because the glamour players grab all the headlines.

Lescott was influential in the 2011/12 title winning season. Hasn't had enough first team football which he deserves and I can see him doing well else where.

Good luck and thank you to both players.

To think these 2 players were slagged off from there previous fans for leaving for the money. Well done barry 2 winners medals for you a bit more pace and you would have been boardering world class. And well done lescott 4 winners medals gave us numerous heart attacks but never went hiding always there to do a good job when called upon . Big thank you to both and good luck with the rest of you career's.

They were sold the project before we knew what the project was...

Always be welcomed back as players or visitors men

Both did really well at City. But for me it was the signing of Gareth Barry that finally saw City move in the right direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.