Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

I’m 100% convinced he will be successful as a player and as a superstar over there, which he deserves. I also hope some of our beloved Algerian fans stick around!

He got zero minutes in either final, I don't blame him.
A lot of players got zero minutes that would have got on if we'd been more than one goal up.

Someone said he should have used that first touch control to get past defenders on the first touch... maybe that would be easier if he'd played more on the left!

Sublime first touch. He did a great service to the team.
One thing with him that goes under the radar is he’s never injured either.
He’s played more than 40 games every season for the last 9 years!!
Good luck Riyad

A lot of players got zero minutes that would have got on if we'd been more than one goal up.

Someone said he should have used that first touch control to get past defenders on the first touch... maybe that would be easier if he'd played more on the left!
What you're saying there is he's only good enough to come on if we're running away the game? This is Mahrez were talking about not, with all due respect, Palmer. In both games where were far from playing at our best for a player of his calibre, especially given his contributions, it's pretty insulting. Imagine scoring a hat trick in the semi's only to get totally snubbed for the final, I'm sorry but for all that think it's a team game and you've got to be prepared to sit out, well your pushing the boundaries of any self respecting sportsman in that scenario.

The perfect signing. Great performances, crucial assists and goals, gave as much to the club as he received. Never injured, never caused off field trouble, and never publicly diss'd the club or manager. Fulfilled his ambitions, and leaves earning a truck load at another club that gave us a very decent fee for him. Good luck to him, and thank you.

A wonderful player who had a major impact on our success over the past 5 years.

His first touch is a thing of wonder, absolutely jaw dropping seeing it in person where the whole crowd utters ‘wow’.

Good luck to him on his next stage, he will be hard to replace and perhaps that nagging doubt it’s one year too soon.

P.S. there’s a tremendous montage of all his City goals on the OS - he could score all sorts but he scored more than his fair share of worldies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.