Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

Has his Liverpool penalty come back then?
M1Dq44B.gif

We got the best out of Mahrez esp. when he was age 29-31, some of his performances were sublime. We have now got a decent fee and the difference of the purchase and sale value represents outstanding business. I believe it was exactly the right time for him to go. It perhaps wasn't fair and he hated being left out of the big games at the end of the year but that is how modern sport goes. Pep went with what he felt was our best option and was proved spot on when that lineup delivered.

For me you could see frustration last season. I think his frustration meant that when he played sometimes he would demand taking free kicks and even pens when really you have to get Kev and Erling on most. When I played it was annoying when you are clearing your mind to deliver a set piece and one of your teammates is hanging around wanting to take it. I could see that with Kev esp.

As I said we got his prime years and this move has worked for all. on a related note, I am glad I will not have to suffer personal abuse from some of his most ardent fans on social media when I was slightly critical of him when he was off form.

Overall a great bit of business to buy him when we did and I am sure most fans will wish him all the best on his new adventure. Thank you and we move on with younger players who will now get more mins - unless we buy someone from left field that no-one knows about...
Good summary, sometimes had an off patch but double figure goals in 5 successive seasons takes some beating. Has any rag done that post 2010 or any dipper bar Salah?

Absolutely agree about his first touch, second to none. Some of his goals absolutely top drawer. Frustrating as hell 80% of his matches and went missing very often in games. Thanks Riyad some brilliant memories to keep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.