Thank you Riyad Mahrez | Officially left City (pg17)

Best of luck Riyad. Probably a good time to move for all involved but I think he'll be difficult to replace

He said on the club website:

“To play for Manchester City has been an honour and privilege,

I came to City to win trophies and enjoy my football and I achieved all that and so much more.

I have had five unforgettable years with this football club, working with unbelievable players, fantastic supporters, and the best manager in the world.

I’ve made a lifetime of wonderful memories and the manner of our Premier League title wins and the battles we’ve had with Liverpool and, last year, Arsenal, underlined our collective desire and mentality to be the best.

Manchester City will forever be a huge and happy part of my life.”

Best first touch in world football IMO.
Had his off games but has the ability to change a game on his own.
Still a 1 goal in 3 player as a 32 year old winger which isn't to be sniffed at.
Good Luck Riyad, you made a great contribution during your time at City.
Will be hard to replace but I trust the club as they don't get too many big calls wrong these days.

Can't help thinking that he's still capable of playing to a much higher standard than the Saudi league. He'll be wasted playing there. I'm sure there's a few PL sides who'd love to have him in their squad (though wages might be an issue, I suppose). But, financially speaking, it's an absolute no brainer (though I'd guess he's fairly comfortable in that regard anyway) for him to move out there. Best of luck Riyad.

Sad to see him go.

We will miss a player as creative and elegant as he was on the RW.

I know Bernie replaced him at the tail end of the season, but that is purely down to Pep wanting more control, Mahrez is the best creative RW we have had... maybe ever.

He said on the club website:

“To play for Manchester City has been an honour and privilege,

I came to City to win trophies and enjoy my football and I achieved all that and so much more.

I have had five unforgettable years with this football club, working with unbelievable players, fantastic supporters, and the best manager in the world.

I’ve made a lifetime of wonderful memories and the manner of our Premier League title wins and the battles we’ve had with Liverpool and, last year, Arsenal, underlined our collective desire and mentality to be the best.

Manchester City will forever be a huge and happy part of my life.”
Great statement. Unplayable when he wanted to be but frustrating as hell a lot of the time. Best first touch I’ve ever seen

Don't know how his missus is going to go manage over there, her and her mates were stood in front of us at Fulham, they smuggled their Beer back to their seats at Half time :)

Don't know how his missus is going to go manage over there, her and her mates were stood in front of us at Fulham, they smuggled their Beer back to their seats at Half time :)

Base themselves in Dubai most likely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.