Thanks Pep for calling out the ref (and Liverpool fans)

On Guardiola’s intense reaction to the CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR, which changed the game…..

Hackett continued…..

“I can understand the frustrations of the managers.

We had two managers shown yellow cards this weekend. They have a responsibility for the image of the game and for football as a whole because they are iconic people.

Guardiola is, without a doubt, an icon of a game, in terms of a manager. But they have to reduce their body language.

What they have to understand is down the pyramid of football, managers at junior clubs and parents copy them because they think it’s acceptable. It impacts on grassroots football and makes life a little bit more difficult.

In that sense, the yellow card was correctly applied on this occasion.

They had a very experienced referee in Mike Dean in the technical area. His body language is neutral, he didn’t get into a conversation, he accepted that tirade of comments and physical action. He didn’t overreact.

We know that if Mike Dean was out in the middle and that happened he would produce the instant yellow card and say ‘Off you go to the stands, mate’.”

To recap:

Tierney is at the top of his game, but got TWO of the biggest decisions in the game COMPLETELY WRONG, but PEP is a problem for the game!

And, let’s look to Mike Dean as an example of behavior!

Err…OK!

And, once again, WTAF?
If he's talking about setting examples to youngsters, what about Henderson's constant four letter tirades at the officials?

On Guardiola’s intense reaction to the CLEAR AND OBVIOUS ERROR, which changed the game…..

Hackett continued…..

“I can understand the frustrations of the managers.

We had two managers shown yellow cards this weekend. They have a responsibility for the image of the game and for football as a whole because they are iconic people.

Guardiola is, without a doubt, an icon of a game, in terms of a manager. But they have to reduce their body language.

What they have to understand is down the pyramid of football, managers at junior clubs and parents copy them because they think it’s acceptable. It impacts on grassroots football and makes life a little bit more difficult.

In that sense, the yellow card was correctly applied on this occasion.

They had a very experienced referee in Mike Dean in the technical area. His body language is neutral, he didn’t get into a conversation, he accepted that tirade of comments and physical action. He didn’t overreact.

We know that if Mike Dean was out in the middle and that happened he would produce the instant yellow card and say ‘Off you go to the stands, mate’.”

To recap:

Tierney is at the top of his game, but got TWO of the biggest decisions in the game COMPLETELY WRONG, but PEP is a problem for the game!

And, let’s look to Mike Dean as an example of behavior!

Err…OK!

And, once again, WTAF?
I like Keith Hackett and he was top, top ref in his day, but by blaming Guardiola he is missing the point.
Pep is thorough, very thorough and every detail will have been covered, both before and during the game.
With Milner on a yellow (Pep would've believed it should have been a red regardless of where the incident took place) he and his backroom staff will no doubt have spoken about Milner at HT.
They did their job and the players did theirs, getting him to commit another yellow card foul. Tierney bottled it. Pep, his backroom staff and the players knew it. The Anfield masses knew it and Klopp knew it.
Then like a pre-season friendly Klopp takes off Milner, but not before he's involved in the second goal.
11 v11 and 2-1 Liverpool. It should've been 10v11 (with the score 1-1) and then who know????
Managers can cope with most things but incompetency from officials is the hardest to take. He lost it for a few minutes, but it's hardly surprising. His meticulous planning will have meant they were seeking any advantage, however this came about, so playing against 10 men with the scores level will probably have been discussed.
So blaming him for the problems at grassroots is a cheap shot and cop out.

He's changed English football, bringing his brand and implementing it in the most demanding league, yet people call him a failure despite winning Premier Leagues, League Cups an FA Cup and breaking records, because he hasn't won a CL!
Hackett needs to remember this is Pep's life's work and not a hobby.

Can a case of mistaken identity not be overturned by VAR? I’m sure it can, If so he’s talking shite (talking shite anyway) it just stank of being a spineless decision born out of a pre-meditation to keep 11 Liverpool players on the pitch, he’s trying to give Tierney credit for ‘not’ doing his job which I find incredible!
All the commentators immediately knew Milner had committed the foul. And they were seated further away. Moreover, if he thought Henderson committed the foul, why no yellow for him? They don't even care anymore that their arguments are laughable. Anything to fill space or airwaves.

And, out trots Hackett with an excuse for Tierney!

Talk about the thin BLUE line for the Police, how about the thin BLACK line between refs?!

I quote:
“There was no question in my mind that Paul Tierney contributed positively to an outstanding Premier League game.

Probably one of the best games I’ve seen in the Premier League, hugely entertaining. The goal from Salah was just unbelievable.

Like all referees, you get criticism in relation to the big decisions. The big decision on Milner was clearly a yellow card offence, no question. In not applying a yellow card and Liverpool going up the other end to score, that compounded the whole thing. That’s what upset Pep Guardiola.

He’s got it wrong. We say to referees don’t guess. In it, I wonder whether he saw Henderson and Milner together and with that he didn’t actually get the correct outcome.

I want to balance this, Tierney is in top form, he’s a top-class referee. His integrity cannot be questioned.

He’s in a level of doubt about the incident. He cannot re-run it through his mind. That level of doubt is sufficient to say ‘I’m not going to issue a yellow and then red card’.

He knows if he did issue a red card and got it wrong then the outcome is even more wrong in that sense.”

In effect, HE WAS DEFINITELY WRONG, but maybe he was too blind, or in such a bad position, that neither he nor any of the other THREE OFFICIALS saw that it was MILNER who put his leg out as far and as high as it would go, and maybe he thought it was Henderson????

WTAF???

This shit gets even more embarrassing when they try to make excuses…

Wasn’t sure if it was Milner or Henderson, so did NOTHING! Thank goodness it wasn’t a bad injury (landed on his head and twisted his neck!)!

These fucks are LAUGHABLE in their attempts to try to cover each other’s tracks!

theres always a reason why they shouldn’t get a red card so when did they last get a red, not this season & not last season in fact in the last 2 1/4 seasons in the prem they’ve had 1 to our 6.

Tierney was obviously a blind **** but that other little prick on the sidelines has clearly got on the headset to him and said, Pep is being mean to me. Please give him a yellow card. Fucking pussy.

Tierney was obviously a blind **** but that other little prick on the sidelines has clearly got on the headset to him and said, Pep is being mean to me. Please give him a yellow card. Fucking pussy.
Tierney needs to see the eye doctor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.