'That' banner going in the national football museum?

Are we really that poor a footballing nation that all we can offer for the International Champions League visitors and the like a chance to see a pretentious and wilting banner barely fit to wipe the boots of the Swampites?

pattym said:
Would like it to go in the City museum, can imagine the look on my grandkid's faces in 40 years time, "really we went more than a season without winning something back then?"

Great line :)

Ja Salford Blue said:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...et-permanent-home-in-national-football-museum

Surley this cant be for real!

Whay the feck would the people of Manchester want to pay to look at that crap?

This takes the piss!

We have an empty building at Preston. It can decorate the floor.

A truly shameful episode - the battle to re-locate to Manchester.

It's an eyesore on the edge of a nice little ground.

My suspicion is that Brian Mawhinney was the chief culprit.

I dont think this one will make it into the football museum
230845_163539227042466_100001591697484_399101_5937382_n.jpg

You do realise by mentioning this AGAIN we're allowing them to gloat even more and publicising this is what they want? Forget about it, it's in the past and deserves no more reference.

matt99is said:
It must really rustle their jimmies that we get all the attention. After their 19th league title the news is all about us winning the FA cup, getting in the CL and the Tevez saga. Even this banner is being taken as a piece of the great man city history that's going to be made.

I pray tevez gets top goal scorer too, as it stands I think he wins it because he's made fewer appearances.

rags said:
Some Reds fans have called for the banner to be replaced with a new ticker counting the number of years since City last won the league, now standing at 43 years. But Andrew ruled that out. He said: "To be honest we would just be setting ourselves up for a fall and it would only motivate them even more.

"Someone suggested we could put up ‘19’ for the number of times we have won the title but I would hate to see it stay on 19 if we didn’t follow it up.

what happened to all their confidence?..

'Twas never confidence. 'Twas always unbridled, insufferable arrogance!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.