That Missing Centre Half

Jimbob said:
Surely anyone mentioning Vermaelen are taking the piss?! He's shite! We need a solid partner for Vinnie, not an Arsenal reserve.
Vermaelen is really good

But so is nastasic, and maybe Rekik will be ready for the Premiership next season. I don't understand the obsession to bring new players to the club, when we may already have the players in the squad. Nastasic was talked about as a Young player of the Year contender last season, but he's quickly been forgotten

BigOscar said:
RandomJ said:
BigOscar said:
Mangala or David Luiz for me. Mobility, aggression and great on the ball are the main requirements and they've got it in spades.

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif
Aye, that Champions League, Europa League and Confederations Cup winning centerback who is set to play for Brazil at the world cup. Hilarious
Exactly. I would bet on him to be a World Cup winner by the beginning of next season as well. He has had a very poor season this time around, but it's because he is not a Mourinho type defender. Just, because a player does not work in one system does not make him any less of a player: Barca got rid of Yaya, Barca got rid of Zlatan, United got rid of RVN, Chelsea got rid of Mata etc David Luiz plays the game how Pellegrini likes it. He is an assertive front foot defender. He is going to make mistakes sometimes, but at the same time he is going to set up a lot of goals from nicking in front of the striker and driving forward with the ball. He has great experience too.

Unlike Mata from what I hear he does not particularly love London/England so it will be difficult to lure him away from Barca.

Don't understand the Vertonghen or Vermaelen love ins tbh, other than being Belgian I can't see much good about them. Vermaelan is a complete liability and got completely found out at Arsenal, dropping him changed them from being defensively woeful to incredibly solid. As for Vertonghen, has he ever played well at CB? He's incredibly slow and the only times I can remember him playing well were as a powerful marauding leftback. Vertonghen I suppose is at least decent on the ball, but his lack of mobility would get torn apart in our system

Luiz is very good player. He has a mistake in him but he'd fit City very well.

He would be very expensive though, it's probably from Chelsea camp but when you read news and clubs being interested in him, it's never below 35 millions that is mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.