That Missing Centre Half

Neville Kneville said:
ElanJo said:
Vertonghen is one of the best CBs in the PL imo. Doesn't help him that he's having to cover at LB. He can do a job there but he's not a LB.

He is too slow & the absolute opposite of what we need.

Sign him & Pellegrini will be sacked.

He's a good defender and good on the ball. He's not a speeddemon but he's not exactly slow like Lescott or Demichellis

mangala, david luiz, sergio ramos, thiago silva, dante, garay, or sakho... not saying those are all even possibilities... but those are really the only ones i can think of that would fit our system. and even thouhg theyre not all similar players, i think they'd all offer a decent compliment to vinny. don't think vertoghen is worth a shout, tbh. think he's just a more mature nastasic and relies too much on positioning rather than tackling ability. We need a ball winner IMO

Hummels or Subotic would both be fantastic, but god knows if Dortmund would sell. We've tried the 'young, promising CB' gamble twice now with Savic and Nastasic, and whilst I rate Nasty highly, he isnt ready yet to be Vinny's partner. Mangala just strikes me as another gamble, we NEED a top quality CB so badly and its actually ridiculous that it hasn't been addressed whilst we go and spend 100m on midfielders/forwards.

I dont understand it.

A tough position to fill as the elite defenders are playing for the elite clubs already.

ElanJo said:
Neville Kneville said:
ElanJo said:
Vertonghen is one of the best CBs in the PL imo. Doesn't help him that he's having to cover at LB. He can do a job there but he's not a LB.

He is too slow & the absolute opposite of what we need.

Sign him & Pellegrini will be sacked.

He's a good defender and good on the ball. He's not a speeddemon but he's not exactly slow like Lescott or Demichellis

He is slower than both of them & is not considered important enough to Spurs that he can't be sacrificed to fill in at left back, when they have wankers like Dawson playing centrally, in the much more important position. Why, because he is no better as a central defender than Dawson.

He made a worse mistake just this weekend than anything any of City's current defenders have done in their whole City careers.

If we sign that bag of shit, & try to play open, attacking football, we have had it.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
251benatia_0388.JPG
This, this and this!!! Been the best defender in serie a and instrumental for Roma!

Thiago Silva, best defender in the world. He's the only player out there who could bring us from where we are now to the forefront of European footballer in the CB position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.