Thatcher dead

Ha ha, if the best you can hang on to is a typo then your case is as piss poor as stated.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 pm --<br /><br />Ha ha, if the best you can hang on to is a typo then your case is as piss poor as stated.

blueonblue said:
Ha ha, if the best you can hang on to is a typo then your case is as piss poor as stated.

-- Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 pm --

Ha ha, if the best you can hang on to is a typo then your case is as piss poor as stated.

I agree with them ..............sorry

Hanged at dawn

blueonblue said:

-- Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:49 pm --

Certainly wasn't your typo that put you at the head of the pack it was just the clincher. You collecting your well deserved trophy in person?

dom said:
M18CTID said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
bluevengence said:
She was friends with the white racist South Africans aswell
Another twisted myth put out by the anti-Thatcher industry and taken as gospel by the masses. She hated apartheid, as she passionately believed in freedom for all people. But she also believed in dialogue not sanctions as she felt sanctions were more likely to hurt the people they were supposed to defend than their oppressors.

Her view was that economic prosperity is more likely to end resistance to change and the desire for struggle. Even Skashion and I agree that this is the way forward in the Middle East.

Despite her reported remarks about Mandela, she constantly badgered P.W. Botha and his successor F.W. De Klerk to release him (and other influential ANC) members. She toured Southern Africa in the late 1980's but refused to go to South Africa while Mandela was still in prison. The irony is that she probably had more influence on the decision to relase Mandela than anyone else outside South Africa.

Quite why anyone would assume that opposing sanctions against SA means she supported Apartheid is baffling. Talk about joined up thinking.

I'll also add that if Thatcher hated Mandela and the fight against Apartheid so much then why did she allow that huge concert to go ahead at Wembley Stadium in 1988?

Who do you think she was.. Louis XIV ????

Thatcher was a real 'kith and kin' apologist during the apartheid era.

Good riddance to an arrogant woman who tore the country apart and left many communities ravaged by unemployment and drugs (been to the S Wales valleys recently ?)

'No such thing as society' and the greedy yuppie phenomenon sums up her era
i totally agree Dom and just to put my twopenneth in , i dont think its right that she should be getting a 'state' funeral or whatever its been dressed up as. The cost of it is a scandal alone when you consider how many cuts there are going on. i wish we could have a poll on would agree on it !! my guess would be 75% of the uk saying no fuckin way .
waits for toryboys to slag me off

M18CTID said:
dom said:
M18CTID said:
Quite why anyone would assume that opposing sanctions against SA means she supported Apartheid is baffling. Talk about joined up thinking.

I'll also add that if Thatcher hated Mandela and the fight against Apartheid so much then why did she allow that huge concert to go ahead at Wembley Stadium in 1988?

Good riddance to an arrogant woman who tore the country apart and left many communities ravaged by unemployment and drugs (been to the S Wales valleys recently ?)

Would you care to back this up?
Don't expect an answer because there isn't one. He's clearly swallowed all the soundbites from the anti-Thatcher industry without getting off his arse and doing a bit of research himself.

mcmanus said:
It's been a tough one this month Rascal especially the last few days with some strong contenders coming through. But for the 'Starlin' comment blueonblue takes it at the death. Oops.

Im sure the other contenders will fight to the end of the month for the prestigious award especially with Johnsonontheleft trying to win for the fourth month running.

Rascal said:
blueonblue said:
Your last sentence regards judging someone by their friends is bizarre seen as she knocked around Pinochet, Reagan and Savile.

Hardly "Knocked about" with any of them, but she did recognize that Pinochet was a friend to Britain not least during the Falkland conflict and so stood by him publicly when the lefties got on their high horse about him.
Reagan was also a great admirer and friend of the British unlike the bleeding hearts latest choice Obarmy.
Just go back a few pages on this thread to find a picture of Phony Blair and his chum Jimmy.

So maybe next time you see one of the little lefties walking about with a Joe Starlin or Mao tee shirt on you could ask them why they admire mass murderers, or in the case of Mandela a convicted terrorist who killed his own people in the name of "Freedom"

Are you after the nutjob of the month trophy?
Oh come on. Leaving your politics to one side you must have bigger nut jobs than this from earlier on in this thread?

I asked my dad about this the other night and this is what he said about the miners/dockers/paper industry at the time.

Just so you know my dad is 80 was born in salford and worked as an apprentice at GEC traford park from the age of 14. My dad is working class no doubt as his dad was and his before him.

Dad had friends that worked at the papers and it was pretty much common knowledge that when the papers came to be packaged you would have.

1 worker to tie the string on the bundle vertically
a different worker to tie the string horizontally
a different worker to wrap the bundle in paper
a different worker to stack the bundles on a trolley until there were 20 on it
a different worker would then move the trolley 50 meters down the facility until they reached a red line.
a different worker would then take the trolley and move it another 50m to another line.
The above step would be repeated with 3 more workers until they were at the exit and the papers were loaded into the vans.

And you only got to work there if you were friends/family of the workers already there it was a closed shop.

Shipping containers fucked the dockers but again if you did not know/related to the dockers you would not get a job closed shop.

Ship builders a bit like the papers.

The far east workers would have one man to cut and fit a port hole. The uk got.

1 guy to mark the hole.
another one to drill the template
another one would then come and cut the template using the drill guides
another one would then clean the opening so the port hole could be fitted
another one would come and fit the surround in the opening
another one would then rivet the hole
one would then come and fit the glass
finally another would come and inspect the work.

8 people doing the job of 1 on western wages compared to far east.

Oh and ship building was a closed shop to only jobs for the boys.

Mining

We just did not have enough coal simple as that. Our industry has not produced a huge amount since the pit closures and do you know how much coal we have in reserve in the ground? It is about 115m tonnes. The uk currently uses about 65m tonnes a year or to put it another way open the pits again and in 18 months we will have dug up all the coal we are ever going to have and then they would have to close.

I am sure that there are people who despise the woman however in our house my Union subscribing working class dad does not think she was the monster some on here would have you believe.

I was 8 at the time of the miners strike so I do not have an opinion on the woman one way or another (as I saw no harm to my family because of her)

Prestwich_Blue said:
M18CTID said:
dom said:

Would you care to back this up?
Don't expect an answer because there isn't one. He's clearly swallowed all the soundbites from the anti-Thatcher industry without getting off his arse and doing a bit of research himself.

Just as with Mancini, Prestwich trying to rewrite history. I remember quite clearly the ANC wanted sanctions introduced in order to bring the Apartheid regime down. She opposed this because it would have affected the wealth of the white minority, many of whom jumped ship with their ill gotten cash as soon as Mandela came to power.

Pinochet another friend was guilty of the disappearing of thousands of his countrymen. In politics and actions he bore similarities with General Franco of Spain, who I am sure Thatcher would have admired as she was growing up.

On a more light hearted note. Jeremy Clarkson, Terry Wogan, Shirley Bassey and June Whitfield have all been invited. Thatcherites, don't you just love em?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.