Thatcher dead

Juan King said:
Malg, apologies if you are offended. But Thatcher was an evil woman. She destroyed thousands of lives, so if you don't like my comment, I don't care. She was an evil woman & I rejoice in her death!
Mate, I have absolutely no issues with people hating her, I actually understand their feelings on that. I welcome the debate on here about her policies and why they were so divisive. However I really don't understand, and never will, people celebrating her death, it's just fucking tasteless. Also, as I've said before, most of them will be people who support the welfare state and the assistance that gives to the needy in society - so by my reckoning they see themselves as caring individuals, which is not borne out by the hate filled bile that's been posted on here. For me, and its my opinion, its fucking selfish and classless, and shows absolutely no regard for the feelings of the woman's family who will be grieving.

As I said, I totally understand why she is hated, however people dancing on her grave, her corpse etc, etc is just fucking tasteless.

nimrod said:
Juan King said:
Malg, apologies if you are offended. But Thatcher was an evil woman. She destroyed thousands of lives, so if you don't like my comment, I don't care. She was an evil woman & I rejoice in her death!

Evil my arse..

The general consensus seems to be that if you are responsible for the deaths of large numbers of your own people you are evil. Take a bow Sadaam, Pol Pot, Mao etc

Just killing large numbers of foreigners like our Tony, or George Bush, does not qualify.

Maybe it's because they are white westerners. I have no idea.

Back to thatcher. Evil? Maybe not. But she was one hell of a vindictive woman.

Juan King said:
nimrod said:
Juan King said:

Evil my arse..

Your arse then? Because she was a cnut. Anyone who knows anyone who was a miner in the 80's would agree.
Agree with that. Anyone who has read about that dispute would be hard pressed not to feel for the miners and their families. Lions led by tossers, and treated like sub humans by the authorities.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Rascal said:
To suggest that Thatcher was the best ever Recruiting Sergeant for the IRA, due to her handling of the hunger strike, is wholly wrong.

That had to be the partition in 1921 and the treatment of Catholics in the years leading up to the Troubles.

IRA activity diminished towards the end of her time at Number Ten iirc. Not her biggest fan, and I'm largely sympathetic to the aim of a united Ireland, but I can't see how she could have handled that much differently.

She could have reimposed political prisoner status on the hunger strikers.

Its never a good thing to make martyrs out of anyone

She saw them as criminals, which I would say is not an absurd position to assume, and as such she felt their status should be commensurate with that.

I thought you of all people on here could see the distinction between political and criminal prisoners.

If you truly are libertarian you would have surely supported that right

Juan King said:
nimrod said:
Juan King said:

Evil my arse..

Your arse then? Because she was a cnut. Anyone who knows anyone who was a miner in the 80's would agree.

Should the NUM and unions be running the country as they were in the 70s and gobbling tax money propping up loss making industries?

Rascal said:
Rascal said:

She saw them as criminals, which I would say is not an absurd position to assume, and as such she felt their status should be commensurate with that.

I thought you of all people on here could see the distinction between political and criminal prisoners.

I didn't say I agreed with her, I just said it wasn't an absurd position to assume. I can see that it was founded in logic.

Just watching Question Time and Menzies Campbell has just summed her time in office to a 'T' ;-) Trust a Liberal to get to the heart of the issue.

TonyBook said:
Juan King said:
nimrod said:
Evil my arse..

Should the NUM and unions be running the country as they were in the 70s and gobbling tax money propping up loss making industries?

At least these people were representing a large group of ordinary people. Not something you could level at the Goldman Sachs crowd.

Blunkett just hit the nail on the head. "If Thatcher is your saint then why did you lot (the Tories) get rid of her?"

Rascal said:
Rascal said:

What about the boys killed in Warrington or people killed on Remembrance day at Enniskillen?

Criminals is the only way to describe them.

Juan King said:
nimrod said:
Juan King said:

Evil my arse..

And what about the miners in the pits shut down under Labour in the 1960's & 70's? In 1964, when Labour came to power, there were 545 working mines. In 1979, when Thatcher came to power, there were just 219. So Labour closed 326 mines, which is twice as many as closed under Thatcher.

Is it better to be thrown on the scrapheap by Labour than by Tories then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.