Thatcher dead

Ducado said:
I do think the funeral is a bad idea, I am sure that is not what she or her family would have wanted

I have to disagree disagree with you on that if her family did not want this they would only have to say one word NO and they would have to accept there wishes. Like any family you have the right to say how your member is buried.

Len Rum said:
A state funeral ( or as good as) should only happen when there is overwhelming public consent. This isn't 't the case for Thatcher, she's more or less split the country in two - 50% love her, 50%loathe her. The funeral is purely and simply an establishment job for one of their own and it's a national disgrace.

Bang on the money with that post. Baring in mind that this type of funeral was held was for the Queen Mum and Lady Di before them, I don't think that there anyone who would put her in that catergory of people,

Mike D said:
Ducado said:
I do think the funeral is a bad idea, I am sure that is not what she or her family would have wanted

I have to disagree disagree with you on that if her family did not want this they would only have to say one word NO and they would have to accept there wishes. Like any family you have the right to say how your member is buried.

For what she achieved as Prime Minister she deserves it.

Mike D said:
Ducado said:

I may be mistaken but I'm sure someone said on TV the other day that Thatcher herself was consulted about any thoughts she had,a few years back, regarding her funeral.
If that is true then she must have known the shitstorm it would cause or possibly living in a twilight world.

I wonder if her funeral will be sponsored by the City

Here today on Sky we have Thatchers funeral brought to you in conjunction with Citibank group and HSBC

Like the rags did for the 50 year Munich thing the state could have loads of kids waving union jacks in HSBC shirts and Citigroup ads on the bearskins of the guardsmen.

St Pauls could be renamed the Barclays arena for the day

TonyBook said:
I can't help wondering what she would be saying, doing as PM about North Korea.

You believe all the media bullshit. North Korea have a neighbour with god knows how much conventional military hardware and american expertise.

I'd want to guarantee my safety with a nuclear option. Haven't you noticed what happens to countries who haven't? Iraq being the obvious example.

Thatcherites won't enjoy this but as usual Mark Steel makes some great points in his own inimitable way.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/mark-steel-you-cant-just-shut-us-up-now-that-margaret-thatchers-dead-8568785.html?fb_action_ids=10151588352206145&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151588352206145%22%3A327846247318756%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151588352206145%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... map=%5B%5D</a>

robbieh said:
TonyBook said:
I can't help wondering what she would be saying, doing as PM about North Korea.

You believe all the media bullshit. North Korea have a neighbour with god knows how much conventional military hardware and american expertise.

I'd want to guarantee my safety with a nuclear option. Haven't you noticed what happens to countries who haven't? Iraq being the obvious example.

Isn't that a bit cynical?

TonyBook said:
Mike D said:
Ducado said:

For what she achieved as Prime Minister she deserves it.

For what she 'achieved' as PM, she certainly deserved a lot of things. A multi million pound funeral that millions of families she marginalised will have to contribute to paying for isn't one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.