Thatcher dead

Ronnie the Rep said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
We can all sit here and discuss the merits of the decline in British Industry in the Seventies.

We can discuss her attitude to Apartheid and the IRA and the Milk and the origins of the North/South divide.

We can talk and discuss the selling of Council Houses,The Falklands,The Miner's Strike and the Power of the Trade Unions.

You can talk about it all until the Cows come home. One fact never changes.

A Leader, A President,A Prime Minister and a Government - It's first responsibility is to look after the weakest members of its People and its Society.

She didn't only fail in that miserably she actually rejoiced in doing so.

That is why she is now burning in Hell.

You mean all those poor council tenants that were given a chance to own their own houses?

Her and St Peter will be sitting upstairs having a right old laugh at some of these comments

If I had a fiver for everyone I know who had Parents in their Fifties with a Council House at the time who got together with their Brothers and Sisters to make a killing in property by getting a Mortgage for their elderly Parents I would be Corporate at Wembley on Sunday.

I said the weakest members of Society like the Mentally ill who were sent out on the Streets and the 16 year olds who have spent a lifetime in shit jobs because their were no apprenticeships.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
We can all sit here and discuss the merits of the decline in British Industry in the Seventies.

We can discuss her attitude to Apartheid and the IRA and the Milk and the origins of the North/South divide.

We can talk and discuss the selling of Council Houses,The Falklands,The Miner's Strike and the Power of the Trade Unions.

A Leader, A President,A Prime Minister and a Government - It's first responsibility is to look after the weakest members of its People and its Society.

You mean all those poor council tenants that were given a chance to own their own houses?

Her and St Peter will be sitting upstairs having a right old laugh at some of these comments

If I had a fiver for everyone I know who had Parents in their Fifties with a Council House at the time who got together with their Brothers and Sisters to make a killing in property by getting a Mortgage for their elderly Parents I would be Corporate at Wembley on Sunday.

I said the weakest members of Society like the Mentally ill who were sent out on the Streets and the 16 year olds who have spent a lifetime in shit jobs because their were no apprenticeships.

The mentally ill i agree with, the 16 year olds without apprenticeships is horseshit in fairness, you would be amazed how a bit of effort and motivation can help you in life, entitlement seems to be strong in this thread

ifiwasarichfan said:

I dont think it is mate

surely first responsibility is to oversee the running of the economy, and that policies are in place so that the country doesnt fall into decline

hilts said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Ronnie the Rep said:

The mentally ill i agree with, the 16 year olds without apprenticeships is horseshit in fairness, you would be amazed how a bit of effort and motivation can help you in life, entitlement seems to be strong in this thread

Not sure how old you are Hilts; but even one of the cleverest posters on the Forum said he was a Shop Steward at the time and he blew a gasket at the destruction of the Apprenticeship system where he worked.

They vanished within a three year period and now we have a Nation of 40 somethings who could have been Engineers,Sparks,Joiners, etc - Driving Vans and humping and bumping boxes in Warehouses.

ifiwasarichfan said:
hilts said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Not sure how old you are Hilts; but even one of the cleverest posters on the Forum said he was a Shop Steward at the time and he blew a gasket at the destruction of the Apprenticeship system where he worked.

They vanished within a three year period and now we have a Nation of 40 somethings who could have been Engineers,Sparks,Joiners, etc - Driving Vans and humping and bumping boxes in Warehouses.

I'd just like to point out, it's almost impossible to get a job in these trades now. My Dad's a spark and half of his mates are struggling to find work.

ifiwasarichfan said:
hilts said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

I'm 43 and lived through it fella, my point is if i wanted to be a joiner and was determined i would have been a joiner, instead i have driven vans, do i blame anybody else for this but myself no, i could blame thatcher, blair society as a whole but i would be kidding myself

apart from an unlucky few who have no choice the biggest obstacle in life is yourself, if people want to blame somebody else fair enough, it wont get them anywhere though

hilts said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
hilts said:

I'm 43 and lived through it fella, my point is if i wanted to be a joiner and was determined i would have been a joiner, instead i have driven vans, do i blame anybody else for this but myself no, i could blame thatcher, blair society as a whole but i would be kidding myself

apart from an unlucky few who have no choice the biggest obstacle in life is yourself, if people want to blame somebody else fair enough, it wont get them anywhere though

agree 1000% mate

Just a couple of points I'd like to make .
The alternatives to Thatcher were Michael Foot . . . imagine that tramp representing Great Britain .
Or Neil Kinnock . . . an absolute political buffoon .
People celebrating her death who weren't even born or of voting age when she stood for power . . . . Try working out your own views instead of your Dad's .
Glenda Jackson . What a jealous woman ? Just because she and her party couldn't get near her . MP for Hampstead and Kilburn . Hardly areas which were affected by pit closures and run down steelworks . Sad that she has to spout her vile taunts about a woman that constantly wiped the political floor with her . She should show more respect to an opponent that was always streets ahead of her .
I see Labour have another fantastic candidate in the ultra boring and policyless Milliband . . . Heaven help us .

So everyone's wrong apart from the right wing nutjobs who are on the fringe even on this?

I've heard all the excuses.

People who are young don't count.

Anyone who WAS old enough is just bitter.

Wait until wednesday and see how your saviour is remembered while you try and stuff it down decent peoples throats.

Just because there wasn't an outpouring of grief for this crone everyone is deluded?

grow the fuck up :-)

ifiwasarichfan said:

What are you talking about? That's not a fact it's an opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.