Thatcher dead

GHoddle said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
We can all sit here and discuss the merits of the decline in British Industry in the Seventies.

We can discuss her attitude to Apartheid and the IRA and the Milk and the origins of the North/South divide.

We can talk and discuss the selling of Council Houses,The Falklands,The Miner's Strike and the Power of the Trade Unions.

You can talk about it all until the Cows come home. One fact never changes.

A Leader, A President,A Prime Minister and a Government - It's first responsibility is to look after the weakest members of its People and its Society.

She didn't only fail in that miserably she actually rejoiced in doing so.

That is why she is now burning in Hell.

What are you talking about? That's not a fact it's an opinion.

No, it's not, it is a given, by all democratic parties and governments, everywhere, that the first priority of any State is the safety and wellbeing of its citizens.

The perfect fumble said:
GHoddle said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
We can all sit here and discuss the merits of the decline in British Industry in the Seventies.

We can discuss her attitude to Apartheid and the IRA and the Milk and the origins of the North/South divide.

We can talk and discuss the selling of Council Houses,The Falklands,The Miner's Strike and the Power of the Trade Unions.

You can talk about it all until the Cows come home. One fact never changes.

A Leader, A President,A Prime Minister and a Government - It's first responsibility is to look after the weakest members of its People and its Society.

She didn't only fail in that miserably she actually rejoiced in doing so.

That is why she is now burning in Hell.

What are you talking about? That's not a fact it's an opinion.

No, it's not, it is a given, by all democratic parties and governments, everywhere, that the first priority of any State is the safety and wellbeing of its citizens.

That's not what he said....

And I think a lot of people would say that they don't believe their 'safety' and 'wellbeing' should be the government's first concern. Both terms are very vague, and basically allows the government to do anything in the name of safety and "wellbeing of its citizens" which is a massive threat to freedom. Most Americans would tell you that the role of government is to secure fundamental rights. Not saying I agree with that either but your assertion is certainly not universal.

Rascal said:
If we dont our childrens futures are dead

The capatalists offer no future as growth is what they thrive on, but they cant grow us a new planet
As Marx said, it will spread all over the globe.

All fixed, fast-frozen relations, with their train of ancient and venerable prejudices and opinions, are swept away, all new-formed ones become antiquated before they ossify. All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned ... the need of a constantly expanding market for its products chases the bourgeoisie over the whole surface of the globe. It must nestle everywhere, settle everywhere, establish connections everywhere

If you follow capitalism to its logical conclusion that is where it's going, capitalism does lift living standards and wages through greater productivity but eventually they rise to the point where they need to move on to the next poor country. Eventually they run out of countries. I almost wrote my dissertation on this. I was going to call it "Outsourcing to Mars". I should have done it really but I was less confident I'd get a high mark, so I was boringly conventional and did a Marxist analysis of China and Brazil which was dull as fuck but got me a high upper second, and probably got me my first class degree.

This constant outsourcing eventually ends with a global labour force with workers' wages and living conditions very similar across the globe. Thus far the capitalist trick has been to maintain living standards in the west by providing cheap goods from elsewhere. That cannot continue indefinitely once capitalism has run out of countries to outsource to. So can it do it by technology alone, or will the global proletariat start to feel the squeeze then? That will be capitalism's last card to play. Can it raise living standards on technology alone? This is something that Marx did not really foresee, and could not realistically foresee, and it is something really lacking in Marxist theory on my opinion. Or will global government come first and reassert the power of the people via the state. Capitalism has thus far been able to use its intra and international power to play the nation-state off against one another. Getting countries to transfer the tax burden away from itself and implement favourable policies. Global revolution, global government or technology-powered capitalism in perpetuity... The three possible fates of mankind.

Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
To paraphrase that arch-Marxist Tony Blair, there is a fourth way.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5ugE9b_1Y[/youtube]
But there is but one way to embed a YouTube video.
It won't embed for some reason. It displays all the efficiency of a command economy.

Skashion said:
To paraphrase that arch-Marxist Tony Blair, there is a fourth way.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5ugE9b_1Y[/youtube]
It won't embed for some reason. It displays all the efficiency of a command economy.
It suffices to say that the shortcomings of the command economy shall be severe. A lot of s's in that sentence. Strange.

Skashion said:
Skashion said:
It suffices to say that the shortcomings of the command economy shall be severe. A lot of s's in that sentence. Strange.
Mike Tyson agree with this post when saying it to himself out-loud.

mike-tyson-facts.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.